Guest Announcements

Welcome to Indys.

Your premiere Intimacy Provider Advertising Website dedicated to your safety

We provide a unique social networking experience. Our goal is to make you feel welcome, safe, and successful as a member and supporter of our community.

Login or Register to gain access to advertisement directories, reviews, photo galleries, and other public and private discussion forums

Now covering Arizona, California, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, the Maryland / Washington DC corridor, Michigan, Nevada, New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Rhode Island, Texas, West Virginia

...and also these Indys Cities...
CO - Denver, GA - Atlanta, KS - Kansas City, LA - Baton Rouge, New Orleans and Shreveport, MA - Boston, MO - St. Louis, NC - Charlotte and Raleigh, NJ - Newark, NM - Albuquerque and Santa Fe, OK - Oklahoma City and Tulsa, OR - Portland, TN - Chattanooga, Knoxville, Nashville and Memphis, UT - Salt Lake City, WA - Seattle, WI - Milwaukee and Madison

Thoughts on your 2017 Pittsburgh Pirates

this is an area to discuss music, movies and sports topics.

Thoughts on your 2017 Pittsburgh Pirates

Postby Felix Leiter on Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:25 pm

The calendar has turned time for a new thread and to turn the page from last year's disappointment. The Pirates signed key players Cole, Mercer, Nicasio, and Hughes to one year contracts avoiding salary arbitration. An agreement could not be reached with Tony Watson so he will go to arbitration. It's always best to avoid arbitration and the hard feelings that come with it. Spring training is about a month away and I can't wait. Let's Go Bucs!!!
"Just relax, I have a friend named Felix who can fix anything"--James Bond
Felix Leiter

Online: 57d 2h 31m 38s
Home State: Pennsylvania (pa)

Re: Thoughts on your 2017 Pittsburgh Pirates

Postby Ausse Salt on Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:35 pm

... Surely saw that the pay dispute between
Watson and our side is fairly close, mate.

... Maybe they'll bury the hatchet and
come to a good agreement soon.

... Need another good hitter and prolly
another pitcher.

### Salty
Ausse Salt
Posting Ambassador
Posting Ambassador

Online: 180d 11h 20m 49s
Home State: West Virginia (wv)

Postby Steelers69 on Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:07 pm

Felix Leiter wrote:The calendar has turned time for a new thread and to turn the page from last year's disappointment. The Pirates signed key players Cole, Mercer, Nicasio, and Hughes to one year contracts avoiding salary arbitration. An agreement could not be reached with Tony Watson so he will go to arbitration. It's always best to avoid arbitration and the hard feelings that come with it. Spring training is about a month away and I can't wait. Let's Go Bucs!!!

Wow its Jan 14th :lol: you couldn't wait till Feb when Spring training starts? Cheap ass Nutting and Watson are 400 thousand apart and Watson wont budge Watson filed at 6M, pirates 5.6M
Steelers69
$500+ per year
$500+ per year

Online: 123d 11h 11m

Reviews you have written

Postby Felix Leiter on Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:30 pm

Hey it's 2017 and the moves made now affect this year's team not last hence the new thread. Besides it's a crappy boring day with nothing else to do so I thought why not?
Felix Leiter

Postby billy guns on Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:41 pm

Steelers69 wrote:
Felix Leiter wrote:The calendar has turned time for a new thread and to turn the page from last year's disappointment. The Pirates signed key players Cole, Mercer, Nicasio, and Hughes to one year contracts avoiding salary arbitration. An agreement could not be reached with Tony Watson so he will go to arbitration. It's always best to avoid arbitration and the hard feelings that come with it. Spring training is about a month away and I can't wait. Let's Go Bucs!!!

Wow its Jan 14th :lol: you couldn't wait till Feb when Spring training starts? Cheap ass Nutting and Watson are 400 thousand apart and Watson wont budge Watson filed at 6M, pirates 5.6M

It's the way the system works. Soo did cole deserve a raise from 500k to like 3.7 million while going 7-10 and missing a good part of the season.
billy guns

Online: 85d 10h 13m 23s
Home State: Ohio (oh)

Reviews you have written

Postby Steelers69 on Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:39 pm

It has nothing to do with the record, last year was the last time they could give him that bs offer they gave him, remember all the bad press Nutting got because he wouldn't give him a million dollars after having a All Star year? This is typical 1st year raise it only goes up from here its all great pay raises
Steelers69
$500+ per year
$500+ per year

Reviews you have written

Postby Josie Wales on Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:09 am

Steelers69 wrote:

You're right, January is too early to start bitching how cheap the Nuttings are. Better to start that in March. :roll: :drink:
Josie Wales
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Online: 11d 17h 48m 9s

Reviews you have written

The following 2 users would like to thank Josie Wales for his post: Big Stig, havingfuninthenude

Postby billy guns on Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:38 pm

Steelers69 wrote:It has nothing to do with the record, last year was the last time they could give him that bs offer they gave him, remember all the bad press Nutting got because he wouldn't give him a million dollars after having a All Star year? This is typical 1st year raise it only goes up from here its all great pay raises

They just play the game how it's done today. Owners have limited control and use It
billy guns

Reviews you have written

Postby havingfuninthenude on Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:16 pm

Its football season, then hockey and basketball. I don't pay attention to baseball until May. MLB is broke. Use a salary cap already. I'm tired of watching big market teams throw millions and millions at the best players and fielding near all star teams. I just am fed up with what it has done to the product here locally.
havingfuninthenude
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Online: 38d 11h 32m 32s

Postby Big Stig on Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:20 pm

havingfuninthenude wrote:Its football season, then hockey and basketball. I don't pay attention to baseball until May. MLB is broke. Use a salary cap already. I'm tired of watching big market teams throw millions and millions at the best players and fielding near all star teams. I just am fed up with what it has done to the product here locally.

So you posted on a baseball thread bitching about how much you hate baseball? Seriously? :roll:
Stig

"I've been too fucking busy – or vice versa." --Dorothy Parker
Big Stig

Online: 241d 23h 19m 26s

The following user would like to thank Big Stig for his post: Josie Wales

Postby chizzy on Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:27 pm

GO PENGUINS
GO PENGUINS
GO PENGUINS
GO PENGUINS
:drink:
some people I know have their head so far up their ass, everytime they burp, them give themselves a prostate massage
chizzy

Online: 197d 2h 57m 23s

Reviews you have written

Postby benjam on Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:54 pm

chizzy wrote:GO PENGUINS
GO PENGUINS
GO PENGUINS
GO PENGUINS
:drink:

GO JACKETS
GO JACKETS
GO JACKETS
GO JACKETS
benjam

Online: 121d 5m 57s

Reviews you have written

Postby Ausse Salt on Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:19 pm

Big Stig wrote:
havingfuninthenude wrote:Its football season, then hockey and basketball. I don't pay attention to baseball until May. MLB is broke. Use a salary cap already. I'm tired of watching big market teams throw millions and millions at the best players and fielding near all star teams. I just am fed up with what it has done to the product here locally.

So you posted on a baseball thread bitching about how much you hate baseball? Seriously? :roll:

... The lad didn't say that he HATED baseball.
He said that he dont pay-attention until May.

Hmmm... Maybe he shoulda waited 'til May to comment. :eh:

Seriously. :|

### Salty
Ausse Salt
Posting Ambassador
Posting Ambassador

Postby Felix Leiter on Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:07 pm

I'm happy about the outfield realignment Marte in center, Polanco in left, and Cutch in right. It makes the most sense defensively. Kang has also entered an alcohol treatment program in Korea. Let's hope it helps
I want to see him more like his first season here than last year.
Felix Leiter

Postby billy guns on Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:35 pm

Felix Leiter wrote:I'm happy about the outfield realignment Marte in center, Polanco in left, and Cutch in right. It makes the most sense defensively. Kang has also entered an alcohol treatment program in Korea. Let's hope it helps
I want to see him more like his first season here than last year.

I agree on the new alignment -- still cannot believe Clint had the balls to make the move- - congrats to Clint
RE: Kang
actually is numbers were better last year -- only two players with less than 400ABs Hit more HR in all of baseball - Ryan Howard and El Toro. The power is there -- defense did take a downslide last year - perhaps it was related to the Chicago situation. Interestingly - he might have a visa issue - was reading that individuals with repetitive situations like DUIs - could be denied entry.
billy guns

Reviews you have written

Postby Ausse Salt on Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:52 pm

... Wonderin' what kind o' alcohol they drink
over in Korea... :q:

... Surely told some o' you mates that
'Cutch would move-over if he was asked to.

... This is Felix's favourite time o' the year.

... Go Pirates!

### Salty
Ausse Salt
Posting Ambassador
Posting Ambassador

Postby Josie Wales on Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:02 am

Ausse Salt wrote:... Wonderin' what kind o' alcohol they drink
over in Korea... :q:

... Surely told some o' you mates that
'Cutch would move-over if he was asked to.

... This is Felix's favourite time o' the year.

... Go Pirates!

### Salty

Scotch when I was there. And a lot of it. And Cutch didn't have a choice. The way he played last year, he had to move.
Josie Wales
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Reviews you have written

Postby Ausse Salt on Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:17 am

... yeah, Scotch is good.

Didja know scotch was invented when a patchel of
Scotsmen visited Australia and learned fermentation
methods and then took the knowledge home with them??

Good for you, surely bein' a Welsh lad that the Scots
shared their new-found methods with the UK...

... Anyhow, 'Cutch will need to learn how to play in
right field in rather short order... It's different from
playing in left field because it is on the right side.

When 'Cutch was in centre field - he could roam-about
to catch the fly balls - now he'll surely need to watch
the corner shots and how the ball bangs off the fence.

### Salty
Ausse Salt
Posting Ambassador
Posting Ambassador

Postby Felix Leiter on Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:55 pm

Today is the day we were waiting for pitchers and catchers report to spring training. The way the team is presently composed does not inspire confidence. No improvement in the off season it looks like we'll be lucky to finish at .500 :( But opening day is still 6 weeks away. We could still make a major acquisition or some minor leaguer could light up the exhibition season and make it to the show. Anyway I'm just happy baseball is back let's see how spring training plays out.
Felix Leiter

The following user would like to thank Felix Leiter for his post: Ausse Salt

Postby billy guns on Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:45 pm

I think the key is the 4 and 5 pitchers for this team. Pirates have enough good arms that can fill those roles. What continues to bother me is constantly how the Bucs young players never seem major league ready. I look at the cubs and cards and Their rookies at MLB ready and perform. Our guys continue to struggle and learn. I would say the one guy that seems to have it --- is Taillon He is ready. My real concern is if/when kang will be available.
He is my cleanup guy and only real HR threat
billy guns

Reviews you have written

Postby Josie Wales on Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:06 am

billy guns wrote:I think the key is the 4 and 5 pitchers for this team. Pirates have enough good arms that can fill those roles. What continues to bother me is constantly how the Bucs young players never seem major league ready. I look at the cubs and cards and Their rookies at MLB ready and perform. Our guys continue to struggle and learn. I would say the one guy that seems to have it --- is Taillon He is ready. My real concern is if/when kang will be available.

And people wondered how they would replace Pedro and Walkers home runs. The Pirates hit more without them. Palonco seems ready to be a consistent power hitter. He can go for 30. Matte has been a disappointment in the power department, maybe he'll break out this year. Cutch will be good for 20 or more. Bell certainly has the potential, wouldn't surprise me if he goes for 20. I'm guessing they'll be ok. On a sad note, SRod may miss the year due to shoulder surgery from the car accident. I know he left, but he's a good guy.
Josie Wales
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Reviews you have written

Postby Steelers69 on Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:43 am

Felix Leiter wrote:Today is the day we were waiting for pitchers and catchers report to spring training. The way the team is presently composed does not inspire confidence. No improvement in the off season it looks like we'll be lucky to finish at .500 :( But opening day is still 6 weeks away. We could still make a major acquisition or some minor leaguer could light up the exhibition season and make it to the show. Anyway I'm just happy baseball is back let's see how spring training plays out.

The day I am waiting for is Nutting sell the team, we can only hope for what is going on in Miami where reports are that there about to be sold for 1.6 billion, pretty sure they could buy the Pirates for a lot less. The Marlins were bought for around 160 million and he is about to sell them for 1.6 Billion that is crazy to think that someone would offer that much for one of the worst franchise in baseball
Steelers69
$500+ per year
$500+ per year

Reviews you have written

Postby Josie Wales on Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:08 pm

Steelers69 wrote:
Felix Leiter wrote:Today is the day we were waiting for pitchers and catchers report to spring training. The way the team is presently composed does not inspire confidence. No improvement in the off season it looks like we'll be lucky to finish at .500 :( But opening day is still 6 weeks away. We could still make a major acquisition or some minor leaguer could light up the exhibition season and make it to the show. Anyway I'm just happy baseball is back let's see how spring training plays out.

The day I am waiting for is Nutting sell the team, we can only hope for what is going on in Miami where reports are that there about to be sold for 1.6 billion, pretty sure they could buy the Pirates for a lot less. The Marlins were bought for around 160 million and he is about to sell them for 1.6 Billion that is crazy to think that someone would offer that much for one of the worst franchise in baseball

I suggest you call Mark Cuban.
Josie Wales
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Reviews you have written

Postby billy guns on Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:45 pm

Josie Wales wrote:
billy guns wrote:I think the key is the 4 and 5 pitchers for this team. Pirates have enough good arms that can fill those roles. What continues to bother me is constantly how the Bucs young players never seem major league ready. I look at the cubs and cards and Their rookies at MLB ready and perform. Our guys continue to struggle and learn. I would say the one guy that seems to have it --- is Taillon He is ready. My real concern is if/when kang will be available.

And people wondered how they would replace Pedro and Walkers home runs. The Pirates hit more without them. Palonco seems ready to be a consistent power hitter. He can go for 30. Matte has been a disappointment in the power department, maybe he'll break out this year. Cutch will be good for 20 or more. Bell certainly has the potential, wouldn't surprise me if he goes for 20. I'm guessing they'll be ok. On a sad note, SRod may miss the year due to shoulder surgery from the car accident. I know he left, but he's a good guy.

on SROD - that was a real shame - -he is one of the good guys and what a terrible accident - the entire family was injured in that accident.
Marte and Polanco - need to be in the 25--30 range. Although Polanco did slump terribly last 3 months
billy guns

Reviews you have written

Postby Felix Leiter on Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:22 pm

The Pirates won both games of a split squad today against the Rays and the Orioles. At the end of the day it means nothing but it is a great way to start the exhibition season. Let's Go Bucs!
Felix Leiter

Next

Return to The Sports Bar