Guest Announcements

Welcome to Indys.

Your premiere Intimacy Provider Advertising Website dedicated to your safety

We provide a unique social networking experience. Our goal is to make you feel welcome, safe, and successful as a member and supporter of our community.

Login or Register to gain access to advertisement directories, reviews, photo galleries, and other public and private discussion forums

Now covering Arizona, California, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, the Maryland / Washington DC corridor, Michigan, Nevada, New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Rhode Island, Texas, West Virginia

...and also these Indys Cities...
CO - Denver, GA - Atlanta, KS - Kansas City, LA - Baton Rouge, New Orleans and Shreveport, MA - Boston, MO - St. Louis, NC - Charlotte and Raleigh, NJ - Newark, NM - Albuquerque and Santa Fe, OK - Oklahoma City and Tulsa, OR - Portland, TN - Chattanooga, Knoxville, Nashville and Memphis, UT - Salt Lake City, WA - Seattle, WI - Milwaukee and Madison

Thoughts on your 2018 Pittsburgh Steelers Offseason

this is an area to discuss music, movies and sports topics.

Thoughts on your 2018 Pittsburgh Steelers Offseason

Postby Steelers69 on Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:57 pm

Started a thread so we can talk everything Steelers in the offseason since its going to be a LONG off season since I am done watching Pirates, 1st thing up will be what do they do with Bell and what they do with Mike Mitchell and who do they bring in during free agency.

I'll start it off and hope they move on from Bell and put that money in the defense because they just freed up 14 million dollars in restructuring of contracts and I hate to say that is going to go toward Bell and not the defense. Their is a saying about Rb's are a dime a dozen and you can replace him with a two head monster like Philly did or find some young kid out of college what Kansas City and New Orleans did in finding little guys from small schools.

Even if we move on from Bell we can still have a high powerful offense and put that money we don't use to resign him toward fixing all the holes in our defense and maybe use every pick on the defense in the draft. Chris Long will be a free agent and he could be a good guy to go after because he was on 2 one year contracts last two years one in New England and last year in Philly and has won back to back SB.

We can't be spending 30% of our cap on Ben, Brown and Bell because we need help on defense and defense is what wins SB
Steelers69
$500+ per year
$500+ per year

Online: 134d 17h 21m 18s
Home State: Pennsylvania (pa)

Reviews you have written

The following user would like to thank Steelers69 for his post: BamBam

Re: Thoughts on your 2018 Pittsburgh Steelers Offseason

Postby steelhead on Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:13 pm

I agree. Signing Bell or any running back to a multi year 8 figure deal is a HUGE mistake for this team. Unfortunately all signs point toward that’s what they are going to do.
I'm not real complicated. If you provide BBBJ2CIMWS and foot rubs..... Please PM me.
steelhead
Postaholic
Postaholic

Online: 163d 17h 8m 40s

Postby Steelers69 on Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:12 pm

steelhead wrote:I agree. Signing Bell or any running back to a multi year 8 figure deal is a HUGE mistake for this team. Unfortunately all signs point toward that’s what they are going to do.

Yep Mr Rooney would be rolling over in his grave he seen how his son is spending money on offense out side of Ben and not spending it on defense
Steelers69
$500+ per year
$500+ per year

Reviews you have written

Postby stevepar on Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:00 pm

I saw a mock draft from yard barker...they say Leighton vander esch I.l.b. boise state...he covers a lot of ground and made a lot of tackles last year...
stevepar
Posting Ambassador
Posting Ambassador

Online: 291d 22h 28m 3s

Postby steelhead on Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:43 am

Le’Veon Bell, Steelers
Dion Lewis, Patriots
Jerick McKinnon, Vikings
Frank Gore, Colts
Carlos Hyde, 49ers
Isaiah Crowell, Browns
Orleans Darkwa, Giants
Rex Burkhead, Patiots
Damien Williams, Seahawks
LeGarrette Blount, Eagles
Alfred Morris, Cowboys
Shane Vereen, Giants
Jeremy Hill, Bengals

-- Wed 14 Feb, 2018 8:45 am --

This is a list of RBs who’s contract has run out. You can probably add Demarco Murray and Adrian Peterson to this list also.
Almost all of them at 1/4th of Bells salary or less.
I'm not real complicated. If you provide BBBJ2CIMWS and foot rubs..... Please PM me.
steelhead
Postaholic
Postaholic

Postby billy guns on Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:12 am

steelhead wrote:Le’Veon Bell, Steelers
Dion Lewis, Patriots
Jerick McKinnon, Vikings
Frank Gore, Colts
Carlos Hyde, 49ers
Isaiah Crowell, Browns
Orleans Darkwa, Giants
Rex Burkhead, Patiots
Alfred Morris, Cowboys
Shane Vereen, Giants
Jeremy Hill, Bengals

This is a list of RBs who’s contract has run out. You can probably add Demarco Murray and Adrian Peterson to this list also.

I'm not saying to sign Bell long-term or not -
but you could probably grab 4 of those backs and their total production passing and catching wouldn't match Bell's production
billy guns

Online: 91d 10h 43m 1s
Home State: Ohio (oh)

Reviews you have written

Postby Steelers69 on Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:08 am

billy guns wrote:
Dion Lewis, Patriots
Jerick McKinnon, Vikings
Frank Gore, Colts
Carlos Hyde, 49ers
Isaiah Crowell, Browns
Orleans Darkwa, Giants
Rex Burkhead, Patiots
Alfred Morris, Cowboys
Shane Vereen, Giants
Jeremy Hill, Bengals

but you could probably grab 4 of those backs and their total production passing and catching wouldn't match Bell's production

Big deal what did we get for that production? We could put that money to better use on the defense. As long as you have Ben and AB and JuJu I think we could put up 20 points a game if the defense can do their job and hold a team under 17 points a game.

I for one would take Blount back in a heart beat because that dude is a beast and give me Dion Lewis for my 2nd guy, but we all know that Blount wouldn't come back here and play for Tomlin. Plus Tomlin doesn't know how to use to back system, all he knows is running one guys tires off. Hell he had Williams for 2 years and wouldn't use him after Bell's suspension and all Williams did was lead the league in rushing the 1st 4 games while Bell was suspended.

You already know what Bell will bring to the locker room CANCER and his me 1st attitude and you will have to worry about him smoking pot again and he is proned to injuries. So let him go to another team and see how great he will be with out the great offensive line he has here and watch how is numbers DROP.
Steelers69
$500+ per year
$500+ per year

Reviews you have written

Postby steelhead on Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:57 pm

billy guns wrote:
Dion Lewis, Patriots
Jerick McKinnon, Vikings
Frank Gore, Colts
Carlos Hyde, 49ers
Isaiah Crowell, Browns
Orleans Darkwa, Giants
Rex Burkhead, Patiots
Alfred Morris, Cowboys
Shane Vereen, Giants
Jeremy Hill, Bengals

It’s just a matter of how much do you want to pay someone for maybe more production. Bell is a good back. He has holes in his game however. Absolutely sucks in short yardage and he isn’t anywhere near a burner. And really more importantly 14 Mil a year is crazy for a position that usually gets hurt. So when he goes down (and he will) we will lose $14 mil of production. Just too much for that position, but Tomlins been Bells personal promoter since day one when a lot of people said he should have taken Eddie Lacy, which in Tomlins credit he got right. We get it Mike...you picked the right back.lol
And on top of that word is he’s one positive test from a suspension. To get to that point you need to fail a number of tests.
steelhead
Postaholic
Postaholic

Postby rmh on Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:10 pm

How much impact will the signing of Tom Bradley as defensive backs coach have? Carnell Lake was a good D-back when he played, but not sure he set the world on fire during his tenure as a coach of the secondary. Bradley's assignment could be a good sign of things to come for the defense.
"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens."
- Jimi Hendrix

"Women are like wine. They are enjoyed better when aged and mature."

"A man's only as old as the woman he feels." - Groucho Marx

"In a universe of deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." - George Orwell
rmh

Online: 307d 22h 21m 44s

Reviews you have written

Postby Steelers69 on Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:45 pm

rmh wrote:How much impact will the signing of Tom Bradley as defensive backs coach have? Carnell Lake was a good D-back when he played, but not sure he set the world on fire during his tenure as a coach of the secondary. Bradley's assignment could be a good sign of things to come for the defense.

I like that signing as well but it still comes down to the personnel and Butler and as of right now I have zero confidence in Butler and I'm still stunted that Butler wasn't fired at the end of the season
Steelers69
$500+ per year
$500+ per year

Reviews you have written

Postby BamBam on Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:47 pm

I like the Bradley signing too. The big reason is he is a big believer basic fundementals and teaching proper techniques.

As for Bell, he had over 1900 yards from line o scrimmage but is it worth $14m a year?? I agree with stiller that the money could be used more productively on the other side of the ball. Inside LB, Safety, Corner, another OLB etc. Maybe even to fill in some O line back up. Injuries do happen.
BamBam
Postaholic
Postaholic

Online: 52d 6h 17m 2s
Home State: USA (us)

Postby steelhead on Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:11 pm

Here's another reason to not give Bell big money. On the walk thru day before the biggest game of the year....he doesn't show for most of it. On the DAY OF the biggest game of the year....he shows up late to Heinz Field.
I go back to what would the best coach in football do(Billicheck). There is no way in hell he would sign this guy long term. He wouldn't even sign him to a franchise tag. You are rewarding this crap with more money. But that's the Tomlin way I guess. Makes zero sense to me............but what do I know.

I kind of like the Bradley signing also. I like it in terms of making any change on the defensive side can't be worse.
steelhead
Postaholic
Postaholic

Postby BamBam on Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:13 pm

But he still had a great game. I agree with you though.
BamBam
Postaholic
Postaholic

Postby Steelers69 on Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:18 pm

steelhead wrote:Here's another reason to not give Bell big money. On the walk thru day before the biggest game of the year....he doesn't show for most of it. On the DAY OF the biggest game of the year....he shows up late to Heinz Field.
I go back to what would the best coach in football do(Billicheck). There is no way in hell he would sign this guy long term. He wouldn't even sign him to a franchise tag. You are rewarding this crap with more money. But that's the Tomlin way I guess. Makes zero sense to me............but what do I know.

I kind of like the Bradley signing also. I like it in terms of making any change on the defensive side can't be worse.

Belicheck just showed what he would do if a star player steps out of line, he BENCHED his best corner for the SB and it cost him the win, and the other thing about Bill and New England they don't sign guys to huge contracts and they usually trade their guys before their rookie contracts are up.

They also usually draft guys from small schools and pick up guys on the free agent market from other teams and make them stars in New England, I'll be amazed if they bring back Dion Lewis because Lewis want's paid like Blount did last year and they wanted Blount to take less to stay in New England, but they will let Lewis walk and either find a replacement in the draft or sign some free agent who will produce in New England.
Steelers69
$500+ per year
$500+ per year

Reviews you have written

Postby billy guns on Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:25 pm

Steelers69 wrote:
billy guns wrote:
Dion Lewis, Patriots
Jerick McKinnon, Vikings
Frank Gore, Colts
Carlos Hyde, 49ers
Isaiah Crowell, Browns
Orleans Darkwa, Giants
Rex Burkhead, Patiots
Alfred Morris, Cowboys
Shane Vereen, Giants
Jeremy Hill, Bengals

Big deal what did we get for that production? We could put that money to better use on the defense. As long as you have Ben and AB and JuJu I think we could put up 20 points a game if the defense can do their job and hold a team under 17 points a game.

I for one would take Blount back in a heart beat because that dude is a beast and give me Dion Lewis for my 2nd guy, but we all know that Blount wouldn't come back here and play for Tomlin. Plus Tomlin doesn't know how to use to back system, all he knows is running one guys tires off. Hell he had Williams for 2 years and wouldn't use him after Bell's suspension and all Williams did was lead the league in rushing the 1st 4 games while Bell was suspended.

You already know what Bell will bring to the locker room CANCER and his me 1st attitude and you will have to worry about him smoking pot again and he is proned to injuries. So let him go to another team and see how great he will be with out the great offensive line he has here and watch how is numbers DROP.

and you also can say the same thing about Bryant the WR - what we get with all yards and his me me attitude -
billy guns

Online: 91d 10h 43m 1s
Home State: Ohio (oh)

Reviews you have written

Postby stevepar on Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:03 pm

do any of you seriously believe he won't be back next year...running back by committee is fine..if you have a committee and 3 roster spots to spare for that group...
you also create another very big need position to fill...
I'd be really surprised if he's not back next year....either tagged or signed...
you might not like his "attitude" or the possibility he'll be a cancer...
he produces...and that is the bottom line...
stevepar
Posting Ambassador
Posting Ambassador

Online: 291d 22h 28m 3s

Postby Steelers69 on Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:25 am

stevepar wrote:do any of you seriously believe he won't be back next year...running back by committee is fine..if you have a committee and 3 roster spots to spare for that group...
you also create another very big need position to fill...
I'd be really surprised if he's not back next year....either tagged or signed...
you might not like his "attitude" or the possibility he'll be a cancer...
he produces...and that is the bottom line...

Over 3/4 of the league does the running back by committee and take up the 3 roster spots, all you have to do is look at the final 8 teams in the playoffs all except Pittsburgh had a RB by committee and both the SB teams ended up with the committee. The reason you can have 3 guys on the roster is because you have extra money instead of one guy making 15 million you can have 4 or 5 guys at smaller contracts.

But I agree the Steelers and Tomlin are that dumb and will resign Bell and we will here how on paper every year how we are the most high power offense in the league and behind New England have the best odds at getting to the SB. I will use an Ex Steelers great saying Lee Flowers called Baltimore Paper Champions. Thats what we will be known as Paper Champions because we won't win any real championships
Steelers69
$500+ per year
$500+ per year

Reviews you have written

Postby Ausse Salt on Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:01 am

... Surely gonna be interesting to see if the Steelers
decide to sign Bell to a multi-year deal.

And see if they draft any good joeys from university.

### Salty
Ausse Salt
Posting Ambassador
Posting Ambassador

Online: 199d 8h 41m 59s
Home State: West Virginia (wv)

Postby Steelers69 on Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:38 am

Thanks Salty

Tuesday is the day for Franchise tags and the way the GM's been talking they are trying hard to sign Bell to a contract and I just don't understand it, he want to much money.

I have seen a few mock drafts and what I am seeing is that QB from Louisville Lamar Jackson if he is there then Steelers will take him, I think that would be a wasted pick since we need defense help, I also see they might take a RB if they can't get Bell signed.

The kid I am impressed with is that kid from UCF GRIFFIN, SHAQUEM he ran the fast 40 in over 10 years and he is the young kid who has 1 hand, but he has more heart then 90 of the kids in this years draft. I seen a few of his games and the kid is a beast, reminds me of Ryan Shazier, I for one would take him with the 1st pick I can see him falling past the 2nd round If he doesnt get picked in the 1st round and he is still there on day 2 I would take him, but I would take him in the 1st if I was the GM.

I just pray they don't break the bank with Bell, let him walk and spend the money on defense please don't fuck up and pay him that huge contract.

Last thing not Steelers but Kurt Cousin is about to break the bank and its down to 4 teams Vikings, Jets, Broncos and Arizona and Arron Rogers told his agent to hold off on his contract until Cousins signs because what ever he gets Rogers will want more. Thats crazy to think if Rodgers breaks the Bank then Green Bay won't have any money to sign anyone to help him win in Green Bay
Steelers69
$500+ per year
$500+ per year

Reviews you have written

Postby BamBam on Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:07 am

I think Bell will be francjised today and I also think thats a mistake. At least for that kind of money, when we have more pressing needs. I like the one handed kid from UCF and would gladly take a shot with him. His speed was yhe best clocked at LB in 12 years.

Lamar Jackson is a headcase. Steelers wont get near this guy.
BamBam
Postaholic
Postaholic

Postby Steelers69 on Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:59 am

BamBam wrote:I think Bell will be francjised today and I also think thats a mistake. At least for that kind of money, when we have more pressing needs. I like the one handed kid from UCF and would gladly take a shot with him. His speed was yhe best clocked at LB in 12 years.

Lamar Jackson is a headcase. Steelers wont get near this guy.

The kid from UCF UCF GRIFFIN, SHAQUEM could feel Shaziers spot next season and the kid looked amazing this weekend at the combine in Indy, He did 25 bench presser and like you said he broke a record in the 40 that was over 10 years old. They have to draft LB in the 1st round but Michael Bennett DE from Seattle is being shopped around for a draft pick and looks like Atlanta is going to go after him, we could find someone in free agency to feel Shazier's spot if we save the money and not resign Bell. The Cap is going up 10 million dollars and after restructuring a few contracts we could have some money to spend on the defense. I just can't understand how we have lost focus and think a high power offense is the way to go when we know for a fact that Defense wins SB and we have 6 of them to show for it, Bens 1st SB against Seattle if not for the defense then we would have lost, Ben was awful in that game and had to take a trick play to score a td. But the way Colbert and Mr Rooney been saying looks like they will break the bank and give Bell that HUGE contract, I just hope Bell is greedy and makes a stand and wants more then the Steelers are willing to pay so that way the Steelers won't resign him and let him walk
Steelers69
$500+ per year
$500+ per year

Reviews you have written

Postby hard24get on Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:00 am

Here is my opinion. It is early March, the Penguins are marching toward the Stanley Cup Playoffs and the Pirates are at the beginning of spring training. Both teams have lots of stories and are actively playing. Why is anyone wasting time on a team that won't play a meaningful game until September? Apart from being nothing more than pure speculation, it is a waste of brain power. The team should win its division, as usual, because they have no meaningful, serious opponents. Really, there is nothing to talk about until the playoffs take shape. This is NFL boredom at its finest.
hard24get

Online: 32d 13h 43m 47s

Postby Josie Wales on Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:31 am

I know the Steelers need help on D but if Gesicki is around, I’d take him. We need help in the Red Zone and he has all the tools.
Currently Foeing Gabs and Dreamgirl

A wise person once said “ You can’t fix stupid”
Josie Wales
Power Poster
Power Poster

Online: 37d 8h 18m 24s

Reviews you have written

Postby Ausse Salt on Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:39 am

... Hmmm. Reckon I allways thought
that actually reading the threads here
was voluntary... :roll:

### Salty
Ausse Salt
Posting Ambassador
Posting Ambassador

Online: 199d 8h 41m 59s
Home State: West Virginia (wv)

Postby BamBam on Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:28 am

hard24get wrote:Here is my opinion. It is early March, the Penguins are marching toward the Stanley Cup Playoffs and the Pirates are at the beginning of spring training. Both teams have lots of stories and are actively playing. Why is anyone wasting time on a team that won't play a meaningful game until September? Apart from being nothing more than pure speculation, it is a waste of brain power. The team should win its division, as usual, because they have no meaningful, serious opponents. Really, there is nothing to talk about until the playoffs take shape. This is NFL boredom at its finest.

Because the Steelers are about to make a huge (or as Trump would say, A Yuge) mistake in signing Bell. Here's some food for thought. The next highest paid RB is making half of what Bell wants. The Steelers offense avgs 25 points a game with Bell and avgs 25 points a game without him. I'm not denying the guy is immensely talented, but its not like he's the piece that puts us over the top. He's not worth even the franchise money. Which if he gets, he will just end up doing what he did last year and pout and skip camp. Is it worth it?

As for the Pens and the cup? Lets get their first. Tampa may have something to say about that. The Bucs? Love em, but they will suck this year.

Also its a thread on the Stillers, thats why.
BamBam
Postaholic
Postaholic

Next

Return to The Sports Bar