Guest Announcements

Welcome to Indys.

Your premiere Intimacy Provider Advertising Website dedicated to your safety

We provide a unique social networking experience. Our goal is to make you feel welcome, safe, and successful as a member and supporter of our community.

Login or Register to gain access to advertisement directories, reviews, photo galleries, and other public and private discussion forums

Now covering Arizona, California, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, the Maryland / Washington DC corridor, Michigan, Nevada, New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Rhode Island, Texas, West Virginia

...and also these Indys Cities...
CO - Denver, GA - Atlanta, KS - Kansas City, LA - Baton Rouge, New Orleans and Shreveport, MA - Boston, MO - St. Louis, NC - Charlotte and Raleigh, NJ - Newark, NM - Albuquerque and Santa Fe, OK - Oklahoma City and Tulsa, OR - Portland, TN - Chattanooga, Knoxville, Nashville and Memphis, UT - Salt Lake City, WA - Seattle, WI - Milwaukee and Madison

Steelers and Patriots on collision course

this is an area to discuss music, movies and sports topics.

Re: Steelers and Patriots on collision course

Postby steelhead on Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:12 am

BamBam wrote:I agree Haley is not the problem. Tomlin, Butler, Porter and Lake are a diff story.

Defense is problem number one. However I can't just look past Haleys play calling AND failure to coach the little things....which I could go on and on about. I'm not being Monday morning quarterback either.......everyone was screaming for QB sneaks and he pitches the ball back 7 yards or calls a pass 20 yards downfield. There was actually a third example, but the shovel pass on 3rd and a foot worked. WTF!!!!! This crap has gone on all year....it just got exposed Sunday because despite a sick effort by Ben and company, we lost. We scored 28 of those points on absolutely perfect long bombs. The offense performs because it's loaded. 6 pro bowlers.
MY fire list would be Lake, Porter, Butler and Haley.
I'm not real complicated. If you provide BBBJ2CIMWS and foot rubs..... Please PM me.
steelhead
Postaholic
Postaholic

Online: 166d 14h 14m 43s
Home State: Pennsylvania (pa)

The following user would like to thank steelhead for his post: 1 for the $

Postby BamBam on Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:01 pm

The qb sneak is on Ben. He's not a rookie. If he can't see it and audible to it, then he is either scared or stupid. Take your pick. I have no dog in this when it cones to Haley, but his scheme has extended the life of our QB and put up his best numbers under Haley. I have a funny feeling that this so called feud between Ben n Haley is possibly more manufactured than fact, to give the Rooneys an out when they fire him. Remember how they did Ariens. Anyways it doesnt matter, as long as they don't have a killer instinct get used to some one and dones fellas.
BamBam
Postaholic
Postaholic

Online: 55d 18h 32m 17s
Home State: USA (us)

The following user would like to thank BamBam for his post: Steelers69

Postby Steelers69 on Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:05 pm

steelhead wrote:
BamBam wrote:I agree Haley is not the problem. Tomlin, Butler, Porter and Lake are a diff story.

Defense is problem number one. However I can't just look past Haleys play calling AND failure to coach the little things....which I could go on and on about. I'm not being Monday morning quarterback either.......everyone was screaming for QB sneaks and he pitches the ball back 7 yards or calls a pass 20 yards downfield. There was actually a third example, but the shovel pass on 3rd and a foot worked. WTF!!!!! This crap has gone on all year....it just got exposed Sunday because despite a sick effort by Ben and company, we lost. We scored 28 of those points on absolutely perfect long bombs. The offense performs because it's loaded. 6 pro bowlers.

I really don't see the hatred for Haley the offense is the least of the problems, if you had a defensive coordinator who could stop the run and pass some time then we wouldn't have to worry about scoring 42 points and lose. Since Haley has been here he has extended Bens career by him not taking sacks and opening up the offense. Also you have to blame Tomlin for not controlling his players and his Red flag challenges sucks and calling TO is another thing, but come on that Onside kick call might have been the stupidest call of the game, you had 2 time outs and the 2 minute warning left kick the ball off and hope your shitty defense can finally make a stop and give the ball back to Ben and wait for it Haley to tie the game up.

Yeah but go ahead and call for the firing of Haley and keep fucking Butler so Brady and New England will light us up again next year at Heinz Field and Tomlin and Mike Mitchell will talk shit after the game saying how they are going to beat them the next time we play them in the AFC Championship game in New England.
Steelers69
$500+ per year
$500+ per year

Online: 139d 6h 7m 26s

Reviews you have written

The following user would like to thank Steelers69 for his post: BamBam

Postby BamBam on Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:08 pm

Agree 1000%. Ya know it just dawned on me. Tomlin is always preaching next man up and the standard is the standard. Maybe he should look in the fuckin mirror.
BamBam
Postaholic
Postaholic

The following 2 users would like to thank BamBam for his post: 1 for the $, Steelers69

Postby Steelers69 on Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:07 pm

BamBam wrote:Agree 1000%. Ya know it just dawned on me. Tomlin is always preaching next man up and the standard is the standard. Maybe he should look in the fuckin mirror.

Well standard is the standard when you get out coached every year against New England and can't control your prison Err locker room :lol: He will keep the standard and keep Butler so nothing will change. He better start drafting guys on defense because I'll give him this he can find studs on offense but he has missed on defense, Bud Dupree is another miss. I would show Mitchell the door but I looked it up he has 1 more year on his contract and he would count 8 million dollars against the cap if we released him. His salary is 5 million dollars next year but he counts 8 million if released so don't look for him to be going any where.
Steelers69
$500+ per year
$500+ per year

Reviews you have written

Postby steelhead on Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:21 pm

Steelers69 wrote:
steelhead wrote:

I really don't see the hatred for Haley the offense is the least of the problems, if you had a defensive coordinator who could stop the run and pass some time then we wouldn't have to worry about scoring 42 points and lose. Since Haley has been here he has extended Bens career by him not taking sacks and opening up the offense. Also you have to blame Tomlin for not controlling his players and his Red flag challenges sucks and calling TO is another thing, but come on that Onside kick call might have been the stupidest call of the game, you had 2 time outs and the 2 minute warning left kick the ball off and hope your shitty defense can finally make a stop and give the ball back to Ben and wait for it Haley to tie the game up.

Yeah but go ahead and call for the firing of Haley and keep fucking Butler so Brady and New England will light us up again next year at Heinz Field and Tomlin and Mike Mitchell will talk shit after the game saying how they are going to beat them the next time we play them in the AFC Championship game in New England.

You quoted me so I guess your "hatred of Haley" comment was aimed at me. AGAIN!!!.....Haley isn't problem number 1......but he is a problem in my opinion. He walks out the door right after the defensive coaches if I'm making the decision. A million reasons why I feel that way but it's irrelevant.
I'm not real complicated. If you provide BBBJ2CIMWS and foot rubs..... Please PM me.
steelhead
Postaholic
Postaholic

Postby BamBam on Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:32 pm

The problem is not Tomlin being out coached by Belicheck. Hell he out coaches everyone, so I can somewhat live with that. What I can't live with, is him getting outcoached By every other tom, dick n harry with shitty teams and shitty records. Or Tomlin not having any in game vision.

Steelhead, nobody is crackin on you. Just giving alternate opinions thats all. "Some" of us just say it in a harsher way thats all. Now for me, I value all opinions because I know mine are right in the end lol. :wink:
BamBam
Postaholic
Postaholic

Postby chizzy on Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:38 pm

For those who keep saying Ben could have changed the play and done a qb sneak, ben said hes heard this a million times and its false..... he couls not audible on those plays. Tomlin also said the same...... so guess what? It was on haley and tomlin not ben
some people I know have their head so far up their ass, everytime they burp, them give themselves a prostate massage
chizzy
$500+ per year
$500+ per year

Online: 223d 18h 14m 59s

Reviews you have written

Postby BamBam on Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:46 pm

I call bullshit. Because they (Haley and Ben) said several weeks ago that Ben DOES have the option to audible on any play during the game. This is just blame shifting.

Simply not true.

And by the remote chance that they were bullshitting a few weeks ago and this is the way it is, then they are fuckin dumber coaching staff than originally thought and should be shitcanned.
BamBam
Postaholic
Postaholic

Postby chizzy on Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:15 pm

some people I know have their head so far up their ass, everytime they burp, them give themselves a prostate massage
chizzy
$500+ per year
$500+ per year

Reviews you have written

Postby BamBam on Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:21 pm

Sorry Chizz I don't care what Ben said on nfl news. I heard it from the horse's(ass) mouth on the radio. Now I personally believe he did say that it wasnt his choice. But all that tells me is he is deflecting blame. I can tell you right now that as a qb you see a situation you can exploit and you can change the play to do it, then you do it. Especially a 15 yr veteran, with multiple SB, pro bowl and other awards to his resume. Who is successful 18 of 19 tries at it. Nope this was a botched call and of course no one wants to own up. Its one thing to own up during a regular season game, when you have next week to redeem. But these guys are treating the 4th n 1 call like the turd in the punch bowl.

Let me ask you this, what would Ben's punishment have been if he defied Tomlin and picked up the down on the sneak?? Nada
BamBam
Postaholic
Postaholic

Postby chizzy on Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:21 pm

BamBam wrote:Sorry Chizz I don't care what Ben said on nfl news. I heard it from the horse's(ass) mouth on the radio. Now I personally believe he did say that it wasnt his choice. But all that tells me is he is deflecting blame. I can tell you right now that as a qb you see a situation you can exploit and you can change the play to do it, then you do it. Especially a 15 yr veteran, with multiple SB, pro bowl and other awards to his resume. Who is successful 18 of 19 tries at it. Nope this was a botched call and of course no one wants to own up. Its one thing to own up during a regular season game, when you have next week to redeem. But these guys are treating the 4th n 1 call like the turd in the punch bowl.

Let me ask you this, what would Ben's punishment have been if he defied Tomlin and picked up the down on the sneak?? Nada

Ben is a competitor, I think we can agree on that. I can't see out and out lying about it. He said unless he is in the huddle, he can't call it at the line because that play doesn't exist. He went on to say it isn't Haley, that was tomlins decision. It isn't in the playbook

-- Tue 16 Jan, 2018 3:22 pm --

And in a an earlier post I miss typed tomlin is a top notch coach...... I meant to type tomlin is a top 10 coach and I so believe that
chizzy
$500+ per year
$500+ per year

Reviews you have written

Postby 1 for the $ on Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:43 pm

if he is a top ten coach, it would be #10
Against the wind
I'm still running against the wind
Well I'm older now & still running
against the wind
Bob Seger
1 for the $
Postaholic
Postaholic

Online: 125d 3h 19m 25s

Postby BamBam on Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:57 pm

chizzy wrote:
BamBam wrote:Sorry Chizz I don't care what Ben said on nfl news. I heard it from the horse's(ass) mouth on the radio. Now I personally believe he did say that it wasnt his choice. But all that tells me is he is deflecting blame. I can tell you right now that as a qb you see a situation you can exploit and you can change the play to do it, then you do it. Especially a 15 yr veteran, with multiple SB, pro bowl and other awards to his resume. Who is successful 18 of 19 tries at it. Nope this was a botched call and of course no one wants to own up. Its one thing to own up during a regular season game, when you have next week to redeem. But these guys are treating the 4th n 1 call like the turd in the punch bowl.

Ben is a competitor, I think we can agree on that. I can't see out and out lying about it. He said unless he is in the huddle, he can't call it at the line because that play doesn't exist. He went on to say it isn't Haley, that was tomlins decision. It isn't in the playbook

And in a an earlier post I miss typed tomlin is a top notch coach...... I meant to type tomlin is a top 10 coach and I so believe that

I agree on Tomlin. I believe he is a top 10 coach. But he will not win another SB.

Chizz I'm not doubting you. You are only reporting what you hear. But let me say this. Do you really believe they don't have a sneak in their playbook???? Whose playbook were they using when they called it 19 times and succeeded 18? It doesnt matter, we lost and these guys have nobody but themselves and their lazy preparation philosophy to blame.
BamBam
Postaholic
Postaholic

Postby chizzy on Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:05 pm

BamBam wrote:
chizzy wrote:

I agree on Tomlin. I believe he is a top 10 coach. But he will not win another SB.

Chizz I'm not doubting you. You are only reporting what you hear. But let me say this. Do you really believe they don't have a sneak in their playbook???? Whose playbook were they using when they called it 19 times and succeeded 18? It doesnt matter, we lost and these guys have nobody but themselves and their lazy preparation philosophy to blame.

Agreed

its now being reported that some of the minority owners are pushing art to fire tomlin..................... i doubt it will happen but i do believe rooney is going to put the pressure on him for some changes and put him on a shorter lease

now watch someone come on here and call me a racist :roll:
chizzy
$500+ per year
$500+ per year

Reviews you have written

The following 3 users would like to thank chizzy for his post: 1 for the $, BamBam, Steelers69

Postby steelhead on Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:46 pm

It shouldn’t be on Ben! That’s what you pay coaches to do. And they get paid very, very well. And let’s face it. Ben isn’t exactly a genius.
Every time i post on this subject I’ll now add another reason to fire Haley. Beyond the obvious 4th down calls.
This time two:
1) they won’t fire Tomlin
2) there was absolutely zero sense of urgency down by 2 scores with 2 minutes to go. Guys walking around and guys not getting out of bounds.
While this clown act was going on do you think Tomlin/Haley we’re screaming for urgency!!?? If you do you would be wrong.
steelhead
Postaholic
Postaholic

Postby BamBam on Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:53 pm

Sounds like a Tomlin problem.

What does having intelligence with Ben have to do with a sneak. He's played pro for 15 years. Fuck even muscle memory should be enough. Christ my dog has a brain the size of a walnut, but he can remember to pee outside. Nope not puttin this all on Haley. You don't have to like him and thats understandable. But his coaching responsibilities seem to have been enough to get the job done. 42 pts!!
BamBam
Postaholic
Postaholic

Postby stevepar on Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:55 pm

what collision course...
might be time to retitle this thread... :) :)
stevepar
Posting Ambassador
Posting Ambassador

Online: 291d 22h 28m 3s

The following 2 users would like to thank stevepar for his post: 1 for the $, Ausse Salt

Postby BamBam on Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:59 pm

Ya there was a collision course alright. They're smug arrogant head coach ran into a team head on that came to play.

Standard is the standard! :evil:
BamBam
Postaholic
Postaholic

Postby Steelers69 on Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:22 pm

chizzy wrote:
BamBam wrote:
chizzy wrote:
BamBam wrote:Sorry Chizz I don't care what Ben said on nfl news. I heard it from the horse's(ass) mouth on the radio. Now I personally believe he did say that it wasnt his choice. But all that tells me is he is deflecting

now watch someone come on here and call me a racist :roll:

You Fucking Racist :lol: :lol:

I would fire him and get some discipline in that locker room and hire Matt Patricia, the next Bill Belicheck and then hire Rex Ryan as the defensive coordinator
Steelers69
$500+ per year
$500+ per year

Reviews you have written

Postby billy guns on Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:53 pm

Sorry -
I am NOT buying they don't have a QB sneak in the playbook and those two particular plays Little Ben was NOT allowed to call an audible. Ben as usual throws Haley under the bus. And if they don't have a sneak - then everybody should be fired for incompetence.

tomin IS way over rated as a coach -- he has two-three automatic wins in the division and early he had 4 in the division - so his record(i know like others was built on a weaker sched) for 10 win season is not complicated. As Bam mentioned earlier - he has lost way way tooo many games to much weaker teams and coaches. He absolutely cannot clock manage or game manage. It was issue with Dave Wannstedt at Pitt - put a good team on the field but could never manage game decisions
billy guns

Online: 91d 13h 39m 14s
Home State: Ohio (oh)

Reviews you have written

The following user would like to thank billy guns for his post: BamBam

Postby chizzy on Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:08 pm

Haley is done

-- Wed 17 Jan, 2018 12:10 pm --

All defensive coaches stay
chizzy
$500+ per year
$500+ per year

Reviews you have written

Postby Steelers69 on Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:28 pm

chizzy wrote:Haley is done

-- Wed 17 Jan, 2018 12:10 pm --

All defensive coaches stay
Yeah that make total sence :roll:

So glad were keeping Butler who was in charge of that joke of a defense who made Bortiles look like Brady and could'nt stop the run after Shazier got hurt. Looks like next year Brady will light up the score board once again.

Leave it up to Tomlin to make a fucked up move like this, I guess he is right Standard is the Standard
Steelers69
$500+ per year
$500+ per year

Reviews you have written

Postby rmh on Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:43 pm

Possibly Mike Munchak as the heir apparent.
"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens."
- Jimi Hendrix

"Women are like wine. They are enjoyed better when aged and mature."

"A man's only as old as the woman he feels." - Groucho Marx

"In a universe of deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." - George Orwell
rmh

Online: 327d 9h 4m 15s

Reviews you have written

Postby bumeister on Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:49 pm

rmh wrote:Possibly Mike Munchak as the heir apparent.

could be he just turned down a second interview with the cards
photo courtesy of allureous
bumeister
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Online: 30d 8h 46m 53s

Reviews you have written

PreviousNext

Return to The Sports Bar