Guest Announcements

Welcome to Indys.

Your premiere Intimacy Provider Advertising Website dedicated to your safety

We provide a unique social networking experience. Our goal is to make you feel welcome, safe, and successful as a member and supporter of our community.

Login or Register to gain access to advertisement directories, reviews, photo galleries, and other public and private discussion forums

Now covering Arizona, California, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, the Maryland / Washington DC corridor, Michigan, Nevada, New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Rhode Island, Texas, West Virginia

...and also these Indys Cities...
CO - Denver, GA - Atlanta, KS - Kansas City, LA - Baton Rouge, New Orleans and Shreveport, MA - Boston, MO - St. Louis, NC - Charlotte and Raleigh, NJ - Newark, NM - Albuquerque and Santa Fe, OK - Oklahoma City and Tulsa, OR - Portland, TN - Chattanooga, Knoxville, Nashville and Memphis, UT - Salt Lake City, WA - Seattle, WI - Milwaukee and Madison

Thoughts on your 2018 Pittsburgh Pirates

this is an area to discuss music, movies and sports topics.

Re: Thoughts on your 2018 Pittsburgh Pirates

Postby billy guns on Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:16 pm

Steelers69 wrote:
BamBam wrote:Ya Billy I told you before Steeler is alright he is just "pissed typing". Man is obviously very passionate about his sports. Hell I can dig that. We all have our outlets of frustration. It's his way of letting you know that Bob Nutting will NOT be invited over to the Steeler household for Thanksgiving. Thats all baby.

Look I love baseball it gets me through the Summer and I would love to go to a Pirates game at PNC Park, hell I did my Bucket list a few years ago and I went to every single stadium and I had great seats every game I sat over the dug outs and spent a lot of money on tickets and airfare and hotels not cheap ones I stayed in Marriott's. We have great franchise in this city and owners that want to win and put a good team on the Ice and field but we have the Cleveland Brown's of a owner who will not spend the money and doesn't care about winning and the fans. He knows the fan's will show up every year all he has to do is offer Bobbleheads, T-Shirt Fridays and Fireworks and have a concert on Saturday nights after the games and fans will show up, I honestly wish the team would fold back before he bought the team, we could all have said we had a good run in the 120 years we had a team. Now were the laughing stock of MLB. Now here is were the Nutting apologist will come in and say but Steelers69 the Pens and Steelers play under a Cap, so I just saved you some time I already know your fucking excuse for that Fucking cheap skate he has you all brain washed. So don't fucking tell me I don't know what the fuck I am talking about as long as you Fuckers keep going to the games and he keeps making Millions off your stupid asses NOTHING WILL EVER CHANGE. Your all more to blame then his fucking tight ass.

I am not a Nutting apologist - I have always stated they need a $120 million payroll to be competitive. And have said they messed up after the 98 win season by not going all in.
I can understand your feeling toward Nutting. and honestly more people are jumping into your camp. Attendance dropped dramatically and TV ratings also plummeted last year. I do not think they are the laughing stock of MLB. That might be the Marlins at this stage. How do you think the cub fans felt not winning for 100 or so years. Those comments dont justify what the Pirates are doing - just pointing out There have been worse situations.

-- Fri 12 Jan, 2018 6:31 pm --

Pirates agree with Cole and Mercer for 6.5 mill a year
But argue on Rivera. Me I give Rivera what the fuck ever he wants
He’s the best reliever in baseball
billy guns

Online: 91d 13h 12m 11s
Home State: Ohio (oh)

Reviews you have written

Postby Felix Leiter on Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:47 am

Cole, Mercer and Kontos signed contracts for next season avoiding arbitration. Rivero and the team are about $500,000 apart and his case will go to arbitration.
"Just relax, I have a friend named Felix who can fix anything"--James Bond
Felix Leiter

Online: 78d 1h 59m 18s
Home State: Pennsylvania (pa)

Postby BamBam on Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:29 pm

If Cole has a decent year 6.5 is a steal. I like Mercer, but I thought he got a huge break. I still think they deal Cole though.
BamBam
Postaholic
Postaholic

Online: 55d 6h 53m 37s
Home State: USA (us)

Postby Felix Leiter on Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:13 pm

Quite possible if not now probably during the season. As I said I'm not against dealing Cole but I want to see major league ready talent in return not just prospects that we might see up here in a few years. The teams I hear speculation about are the Yankees, Astros, and Cubs.
Felix Leiter

Postby Steelers69 on Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:48 pm

Felix Leiter wrote:Quite possible if not now probably during the season. As I said I'm not against dealing Cole but I want to see major league ready talent in return not just prospects that we might see up here in a few years. The teams I hear speculation about are the Yankees, Astros, and Cubs.

It's crazy the other day it was a done deal and then something happened and fell apart. I hope they were asking 4 to much
Steelers69
$500+ per year
$500+ per year

Online: 138d 11h 25m 8s

Reviews you have written

Postby billy guns on Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:49 pm

Steelers69 wrote:
Felix Leiter wrote:Quite possible if not now probably during the season. As I said I'm not against dealing Cole but I want to see major league ready talent in return not just prospects that we might see up here in a few years. The teams I hear speculation about are the Yankees, Astros, and Cubs.

It's crazy the other day it was a done deal and then something happened and fell apart. I hope they were asking 4 to much

I think they are asking for major studs and u know what they should.
Because lots of teams looking for Cole. Why I’m not sure otker than he is cheap
billy guns

Reviews you have written

Postby BamBam on Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:08 pm

billy guns wrote:
Steelers69 wrote:

I think they are asking for major studs and u know what they should.
Because lots of teams looking for Cole. Why I’m not sure otker than he is cheap

Because he can top 100 mph by the 6th inning. Thats why.
BamBam
Postaholic
Postaholic

Postby Felix Leiter on Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:06 pm

They just said on the news Cole was traded to the Astros for pitchers Joe Musgrove and Michael Feliz infielder Colin Moran and outfielder Jason Martin. I don't know anything about these guys so is it quantity over quality or did we get a decent return for him?
Felix Leiter

Postby stevepar on Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:55 pm

The Pittsburgh Pirates have reportedly agreed to a trade to send ace pitcher Gerrit Cole to the Houston Astros in exchange for right-hander Joe Musgrove and infield prospect Colin Moran, sources told Yahoo Sports' Tim Brown.

The Pirates are getting two more players in addition to Musgrove and Moran, Jon Heyman of FanRag Sports reports.

This comes only three days after a supposed deal had been reached between the two clubs only to later be squashed.

Cole helps solidify an already vaunted rotation headlined by Justin Verlander and Dallas Keuchel. It also signifies the Astros will likely move one of their swing-men to the bullpen.

The 27-year-old Cole is coming off an uneven season where he went 12-12 with a 4.26 ERA, the highest of his five-year career. He did throw 203 innings, which is an encouraging development after losing much of 2016 to
stevepar
Posting Ambassador
Posting Ambassador

Online: 291d 22h 28m 3s

Postby Steelers69 on Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:08 pm

Felix Leiter wrote:They just said on the news Cole was traded to the Astros for pitchers Joe Musgrove and Michael Feliz infielder Colin Moran and outfielder Jason Martin. I don't know anything about these guys so is it quantity over quality or did we get a decent return for him?

Now we know why they waited the 1st offer was to good and Huntingdon told Nutting to hold his beer why he makes this joke of a trade. This was a salary dump he saves 6.5 million this year and most likely 10 plus next year so Nutting wins again.

Anyone that goes to watch these guys at PNC is only helping Nutting fill his bank account. Your the reason he keeps doing this every year
Steelers69
$500+ per year
$500+ per year

Reviews you have written

Postby stevepar on Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:23 pm

steelers...
attendance was down last year...it will probably decline next year...they've lost a lot of their fan base...especially with the age 14 to 25 fans who made going to the game an experience for them and there friends...
and nutting probably makes money if they win or lose..
stevepar
Posting Ambassador
Posting Ambassador

The following user would like to thank stevepar for his post: BamBam

Postby chizzy on Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:19 pm

Thoughts on the 2018 pirates?

Same as almost every year....... They suck
some people I know have their head so far up their ass, everytime they burp, them give themselves a prostate massage
chizzy
$500+ per year
$500+ per year

Online: 223d 2h 56m 38s

Reviews you have written

Postby stevepar on Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:53 pm

same owner...same g.m...same manger...
same as it ever was...
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=sa ... ORM=VRDGAR
stevepar
Posting Ambassador
Posting Ambassador

Postby Felix Leiter on Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:48 am

Watching the news all 4 are under 25 years old and are under control till at least 2022. Three of the four should make the team with Musgrove fighting for a starting spot and Moran might be the third baseman we're looking for. Happy that Cole went to the American league. If 3 of them contribute to the major league team this year it will be a good trade think about the Tony Pena trade from years ago. Spring training starts in about a month stay tuned.
Felix Leiter

Postby Ausse Salt on Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:10 am

... Josh Harrison won't see 1 March on the
Pirates roster.
... I'd say 15 February, but Hunnington would
surely not trade him 'till the next day just
to piss with me. :?

The "salary dump" thing is surely getting old
with whatever fans our team has left - and
the side had better make significant strides
this year - or Nutting and his manager-mates
will surely be run out of towne.

### Salty
Ausse Salt
Posting Ambassador
Posting Ambassador

Online: 205d 10h 3m 38s
Home State: West Virginia (wv)

Postby hard24get on Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:20 am

Great news! Gerrit Cole goes to Houston, so we lose a starter and get any starter at any (?) position. Wow. Are you telling me that the Pirates couldn't even get a stater at third base or the outfield for him? Oh well, time to order Wild Thing tickets.
hard24get

Online: 32d 18h 10m 10s

Postby BamBam on Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:22 am

Cole won't like the AL. DH and higher scores on avg. as for the trades, we won't know for awhile if they are good or not.
BamBam
Postaholic
Postaholic

Postby Steelers69 on Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:39 am

Ausse Salt wrote:... Josh Harrison won't see 1 March on the
Pirates roster.

### Salty

Your WRONG Ausse for what ever reason the fan base GIVES HIM A FREE PASS, but god forbid the Pens or Steelers don't pay enough to a player. Anyone that doesn't think that was about saving money is a god damn fool. I honestly would love to see them move this team out of PGH. They are the laughing stock of MLB. MLB is almost as bad as the NBA only a few teams have a chance every season and you got the other 24 teams just in it to make money
Steelers69
$500+ per year
$500+ per year

Reviews you have written

Postby Felix Leiter on Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:52 pm

There was no way the Pirates were going to sign Cole long term he was gone after next season, 2019. I'm not upset about the trade per se just whether or not we got enough back for him. Cole can be a head case who was rattled easily I think the move is good for him. He joins a strong rotation where he's not the number one guy the pressure should be less. He has been quoted as ecstatic about the trade best of luck to him.
Felix Leiter

Postby BamBam on Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:57 pm

Cole who? Fuck em he's gone. Lets deal with what we got now. :roll:
BamBam
Postaholic
Postaholic

Postby billy guns on Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:59 pm

Steelers69 wrote:
Ausse Salt wrote:... Josh Harrison won't see 1 March on the
Pirates roster.

### Salty

Your WRONG Ausse for what ever reason the fan base GIVES HIM A FREE PASS, but god forbid the Pens or Steelers don't pay enough to a player. Anyone that doesn't think that was about saving money is a god damn fool. I honestly would love to see them move this team out of PGH. They are the laughing stock of MLB. MLB is almost as bad as the NBA only a few teams have a chance every season and you got the other 24 teams just in it to make money

I can't remember Steeler or Pen fans complaining about NOT paying enough to retain a player's service. Why - because there is a built-in excuse when they want it - - they have Salary Caps
as does the NBA - - so go ahead - I'm ready for the Rant - - LOL
Cole - was NOT a dump - Boras is his agent - and the pirates were not going to be able to keep him. And look around the league at the moment - - 8 of the 10 top Free agents are boras clients - and MLB owners are Now backing away from these mega salaries for mid-aged players
billy guns

Reviews you have written

Postby Felix Leiter on Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:42 pm

Reports say McCutcheon is going to the Giants pending a physical. Do not know who the Pirates are getting in return.
Felix Leiter

Postby billy guns on Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:44 pm

Felix Leiter wrote:Reports say McCutcheon is going to the Giants pending a physical. Do not know who the Pirates are getting in return.

Nobody seems to know what they got at this point -
I'm sure we'll learn soon
billy guns

Reviews you have written

Postby stevepar on Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:32 pm

I admire their p.r. people... :)
they traded cole on the weekend...knowing that the steelers would be the big topic on sports media...now they trade cutch on a day when the steelers lost and will get all the media attention...
I doubt they got anything of value for cutch...they're saving lots of money this year with cutch and cole gone and kang probably not getting a visa...
stevepar
Posting Ambassador
Posting Ambassador

Postby Fun Guy on Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:59 pm

Please take the time to actually consider these trades.

- The Steelers trade Ben to Baltimore for a QB and 3 other guys from their practice squad. Also consider none these prospects are rated in their top 8

- The Penguins trade Crosby to Philadelphia for 4 guys from their minor league team. None are rated in their top 8 prospects
Fun Guy

Online: 122d 22h 16m 21s

Reviews you have written

The following user would like to thank Fun Guy for his post: Ausse Salt

PreviousNext

Return to The Sports Bar