Guest Announcements

Welcome to Indys.

Your premiere Intimacy Provider Advertising Website dedicated to your safety

We provide a unique social networking experience. Our goal is to make you feel welcome, safe, and successful as a member and supporter of our community.

Login or Register to gain access to advertisement directories, reviews, photo galleries, and other public and private discussion forums

Now covering Arizona, California, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, the Maryland / Washington DC corridor, Michigan, Nevada, New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Rhode Island, Texas, West Virginia

...and also these Indys Cities...
CO - Denver, GA - Atlanta, KS - Kansas City, LA - Baton Rouge, New Orleans and Shreveport, MA - Boston, MO - St. Louis, NC - Charlotte and Raleigh, NJ - Newark, NM - Albuquerque and Santa Fe, OK - Oklahoma City and Tulsa, OR - Portland, TN - Chattanooga, Knoxville, Nashville and Memphis, UT - Salt Lake City, WA - Seattle, WI - Milwaukee and Madison

Thoughts on your 2018 Pittsburgh Pirates

this is an area to discuss music, movies and sports topics.

Re: Thoughts on your 2018 Pittsburgh Pirates

Postby billy guns on Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:18 am

BamBam wrote:Salty, I see it a different way. I am an extremely loyal bucco fan and sports enthusiast all around and all sports. I love baseball more than football even. I think boxing is #2 to baseball. But I'm gettin sidetracked. Anyways, I think some of you are taking Steeler69 too personal. He's typical of a frustrated fan and is just lashing out at the injustices by the front office. I think he just has a hard time comprehending why you would support Nutting when it seems he doesn't care. I respect that. At the same time, maybe his justified irritation is clouding the simple fact that some of us just love the sport enough that we will see them play even though ownership is fucking the fans. Its not the players fault. I can't stand Nutting, but boycotting watching won't change anything other than I don't get to see a game. It will never affect Nutting as long as the league is stroking him a check. The problem ultimately is with how the league is set up.

well stated
billy guns

Online: 90d 13h 4m 38s
Home State: Ohio (oh)

Reviews you have written

The following user would like to thank billy guns for his post: BamBam

Postby BamBam on Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:32 am

Salty, why the hell would he sell? Its profitable to him. Only way he sells is if someone offers and amount he can't turn down.
BamBam
Postaholic
Postaholic

Online: 50d 12h 57m 18s
Home State: USA (us)

Postby steelhead on Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:34 am

I will not support an owner that puts the bottom line 1st, 2nd and 3rd....and won't open their books. Period. Everyone is entitled to their view......this is mine. I have not bought a ticket from the Pirates in 10 plus years and I like baseball. I go from time to time, but it's through 3rd party sources or usually someone has an extra ticket.
I am kind of baffled how they get people to buy into some of this. Calling this a rebuilding phase?? They didn't build anything to began with!? They didn't win anything.
The ballpark that our tax dollars helped build is pretty nice though.
I'm not real complicated. If you provide BBBJ2CIMWS and foot rubs..... Please PM me.
steelhead
Postaholic
Postaholic

Online: 162d 16h 22m 24s
Home State: Pennsylvania (pa)

Postby BamBam on Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:42 am

Lol no one is buying into it. Some just like to watch baseball. From your statement, you are kind of supporting by proxy. I go to 1 or 2 games a year. The rest I watch at home. Like I said I root for the guys on the field. Thats all. But I respect your thoughts.
BamBam
Postaholic
Postaholic

Postby Felix Leiter on Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:43 am

Eloquently put Bam I couldn't have said it better myself I agree 100%
"Just relax, I have a friend named Felix who can fix anything"--James Bond
Felix Leiter

Online: 71d 15h 21m 27s

The following user would like to thank Felix Leiter for his post: BamBam

Postby Steelers69 on Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:51 am

steelhead wrote:I will not support an owner that puts the bottom line 1st, 2nd and 3rd....and won't open their books. Period. Everyone is entitled to their view......this is mine. I have not bought a ticket from the Pirates in 10 plus years and I like baseball. I go from time to time, but it's through 3rd party sources or usually someone has an extra ticket.
I am kind of baffled how they get people to buy into some of this. Calling this a rebuilding phase?? They didn't build anything to began with!? They didn't win anything.
The ballpark that our tax dollars helped build is pretty nice though.

He has his base the ones that believe everything that he say's their the Nutting apologist and they have a huge following and then you have the Fire works folks that LOVE fire works like they have never seen fire works and every time the have FW he sells out, he has done his home work and knows what to offer, T-shirt Friday night, Bobble head night, concert Saturday night in the summer and last but not least Tuesday nights Pup night :lol: Then you have Felix a member of the Apologist Fan club who goes because its a summer night and there are Cheap tickets :wink: As long as these fools keep going threw the turn style and buying tickets 10 dollar beers 8 dollar nacho's he will keep laughing all the way to the bank telling his wife boy are these some dumb mother fuckers they keep showing up and I could do anything I want to make this team bad and they keep buying my BS. I always told my parents that a Inbred from WV could fuck over those dumbass Yinzers from PGH one day. :lol:
Steelers69
$500+ per year
$500+ per year

Online: 132d 17h 3m 49s

Reviews you have written

Postby BamBam on Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:20 pm

Well apparently Rob Rossi feels the same as you Steeler. It was almost a duplicate of what you wrote. I swear I thought he was going to call out Billy and Felix on here in his article. Psst you're not Rossi are you?? :D Anyways I have to agree with him. I think the salary he saves on Cole n Cutch will be made pointless by the hit he takes on gate and merchandise losses for trading the face of the franchise for Larry, Moe & Curly.
BamBam
Postaholic
Postaholic

The following user would like to thank BamBam for his post: Steelers69

Postby Felix Leiter on Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:02 pm

If I truly believed that my not going to the 2 or 3 games I attend a season would cause Nutting to sell the team I'd stop going but it won't make a difference. All I would be doing is depriving myself of something I really enjoy for what a principle? That in the end won't make a bit of difference. If you boycotters feel you are thumbing your nose at Nutting by not going and it makes you feel better great you keep on doing it. Let's just agree to disagree. I'll respect your views but please do your part and respect mine.
Felix Leiter

Postby BamBam on Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:34 pm

I am personally boycotting the boycott, which in the end was boycotted because Nutting was doin his own boycotting of salaries, which in turn guaranteed a boycott of wins. Thus forcing a boycott of a possible division run which ends up just being one hell of a boycott. :shock: I my left eye has a serious twitch now.
BamBam
Postaholic
Postaholic

Postby Steelers69 on Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:47 pm

Felix Leiter wrote:If I truly believed that my not going to the 2 or 3 games I attend a season would cause Nutting to sell the team I'd stop going but it won't make a difference. All I would be doing is depriving myself of something I really enjoy for what a principle? That in the end won't make a bit of difference. If you boycotters feel you are thumbing your nose at Nutting by not going and it makes you feel better great you keep on doing it. Let's just agree to disagree. I'll respect your views but please do your part and respect mine.

Why not go to Cleveland or Washington DC and get your fix in and that way your not making that cheap fuck richer.
Steelers69
$500+ per year
$500+ per year

Reviews you have written

Postby BamBam on Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:48 pm

Washington Wild things baby!!
BamBam
Postaholic
Postaholic

Postby Steelers69 on Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:00 pm

BamBam wrote:Washington Wild things baby!!

Even better

Drive over to Altoona and see the Curve

I'll even buy the tickets and buy your ass a beer and we can even go golfing
Steelers69
$500+ per year
$500+ per year

Reviews you have written

The following user would like to thank Steelers69 for his post: BamBam

Postby BamBam on Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:07 pm

Steelers69 wrote:
BamBam wrote:Washington Wild things baby!!

Even better

Drive over to Altoona and see the Curve

I'll even buy the tickets and buy your ass a beer and we can even go golfing

Now THAT sounds like a well thought out and excellent plan!!! You must be a rhodes scholar! No way I can turn that down. :D
BamBam
Postaholic
Postaholic

Postby Felix Leiter on Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:12 pm

We'll see Steeler on this cold January day with the snow flying I'll say maybe. But here's my pirates activity over the last 3 seasons

2015 I had a major heart attack no games
2016 a friend gave me a ticket she won to my one and only game
2017 I went to 2 games with a friend who is 70 years old with liver cancer who wanted to see a game at PNC park before he died
So if Nutting is getting rich it's not off of me.
Felix Leiter

Postby stevepar on Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:17 pm

does anyone really think nutting will change...he's making a ton of money...regardless of attendance...he appears to have no interest in where the team finishes or how they play...
the team is a cash cow and I doubt nutting is going to sell or kill the cow in the near future..
stevepar
Posting Ambassador
Posting Ambassador

Online: 291d 22h 28m 3s

Postby BamBam on Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:20 pm

Felix no need to justify buddy. If you like baseball, then by God go see baseball. But I will bet you Nutting has your $30 in a frame somwhere lol.

Nope, Nutting will not change because nothing is forcing the change. Now earlier Steeler had this car crash wet dream. And well uh maybe as crazy as this sounds....uh maybe he's playing chess while we are all playing checkers. Maybe. I'm just sayin' lets not take anything off the table. Lol
BamBam
Postaholic
Postaholic

Postby Felix Leiter on Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:30 pm

Thanks Bam. The only reason I have cable is to watch the Pirates and with over 150 games a season on t.v. I don't find it necessary to go to the game unless it's a special occasion. That being said they'll always be my team until the day I die no matter how crappy they become and I'll either watch or listen to around 150 games a season. I'm not a Nielsen family and I'm not going to buy an advertised product just because it's on the game so I don't feel I'm really enhancing Nuttings fortune
Felix Leiter

Postby chizzy on Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:39 pm

im not trashing anyone on whether or not they want to go to the games. I only wish the league would force him to sell the team and the only way that would happen is if the stands were constantly empty.
some people I know have their head so far up their ass, everytime they burp, them give themselves a prostate massage
chizzy
$500+ per year
$500+ per year

Online: 214d 19h 22m 40s

Reviews you have written

The following user would like to thank chizzy for his post: Steelers69

Postby BamBam on Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:46 pm

Ya I agree but unless its in the franchise language, I can't see how they could do that. Our best bet is that some billionaire who wants a sports franchise or another one in his portfolio, comes along and pays Nutting to fuck off, we may be stuck.
BamBam
Postaholic
Postaholic

Postby Steelers69 on Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:16 pm

BamBam wrote:Felix no need to justify buddy. If you like baseball, then by God go see baseball. But I will bet you Nutting has your $30 in a frame somwhere lol.

Nope, Nutting will not change because nothing is forcing the change. Now earlier Steeler had this car crash wet dream. And well uh maybe as crazy as this sounds....uh maybe he's playing chess while we are all playing checkers. Maybe. I'm just sayin' lets not take anything off the table. Lol

I'm telling you all if I had cancer and only a few months to live I would take one for the team and fans and take that mother fucker out :lol: But as of right now I am in really good health :lol:
Steelers69
$500+ per year
$500+ per year

Reviews you have written

The following user would like to thank Steelers69 for his post: BamBam

Postby BamBam on Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:24 pm

My man :drink:

See fellas unselfish!!
BamBam
Postaholic
Postaholic

Postby Steelers69 on Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:29 pm

BamBam wrote:My man :drink:

See fellas unselfish!!

Come on Bam I would be a Hero in this town and if I go in front of a jury they will let me walk :lol: That's if I don't die before the trial :lol:
Steelers69
$500+ per year
$500+ per year

Reviews you have written

Postby BamBam on Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:36 pm

You would have a statue right outside of PNC park. Willie swinging the bat and steeler holding the steering wheel in a half turned position with maniacal eyes. Fuck it, I'm in!!
BamBam
Postaholic
Postaholic

Postby Felix Leiter on Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:14 pm

He's 82 years old maybe we'll get lucky and time will catch up with him and the family will sell to Mark Cuban!!!
Felix Leiter

Postby Steelers69 on Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:24 pm

Felix Leiter wrote:He's 82 years old maybe we'll get lucky and time will catch up with him and the family will sell to Mark Cuban!!!

Who's 82?
Steelers69
$500+ per year
$500+ per year

Reviews you have written

PreviousNext

Return to The Sports Bar