Guest Announcements

Welcome to Indys.

Your premiere Intimacy Provider Advertising Website dedicated to your safety

We provide a unique social networking experience. Our goal is to make you feel welcome, safe, and successful as a member and supporter of our community.

Login or Register to gain access to advertisement directories, reviews, photo galleries, and other public and private discussion forums

Now covering Arizona, California, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, the Maryland / Washington DC corridor, Michigan, Nevada, New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Rhode Island, Texas, West Virginia

...and also these Indys Cities...
CO - Denver, GA - Atlanta, KS - Kansas City, LA - Baton Rouge, New Orleans and Shreveport, MA - Boston, MO - St. Louis, NC - Charlotte and Raleigh, NJ - Newark, NM - Albuquerque and Santa Fe, OK - Oklahoma City and Tulsa, OR - Portland, TN - Chattanooga, Knoxville, Nashville and Memphis, UT - Salt Lake City, WA - Seattle, WI - Milwaukee and Madison

Rb bell threatens to sit out the 2018 season

this is an area to discuss music, movies and sports topics.

Re: Rb bell threatens to sit out the 2018 season

Postby BamBam on Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:51 am

So trade a proven commodity who can not only rush, but is a receiving threat and a beast at pickin up the blitz, for a great college RB who no one knows id he will be a great NFL back??

If you dump Bell and his salary, you'd be further ahead at using that money and draft pick to beef up the defense!! Inside linebacker, corners, safety etc.
BamBam
Postaholic
Postaholic

Online: 54d 13h 26s
Home State: USA (us)

Postby sloweasy1 on Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:54 pm

BamBam wrote:So trade a proven commodity who can not only rush, but is a receiving threat and a beast at pickin up the blitz, for a great college RB who no one knows id he will be a great NFL back??

If you dump Bell and his salary, you'd be further ahead at using that money and draft pick to beef up the defense!! Inside linebacker, corners, safety etc.

Maybe so.
I’m just so sick of his shit. I bet if he goes to another team that doesn’t have the QB and receivers like the Steelers he wouldn’t look so irreplaceable.
I would rather take the chance to get someone that’s not an asshole.
sloweasy1
Never Sleeps
Never Sleeps

Online: 26d 3h 12m 29s

Postby Steelers69 on Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:30 pm

sloweasy1 wrote:Trade him for higher draft choice and draft Barkley.

You would have to jump up to top 4 to take Barkley and no way in hell they could pull that off. There's a story on ESPN about Hayward saying they need to stop all the talking and clean up the in house BS, who is going to take charge and be a MAN and tell the rest of the guys to stop running their mouths and who the Hell is going to tell Tomlin to shut his stupid mouth and not go on TV and saying were playing New England twice this year and beating them when you know that team and coach OWNS your stupid ass.

Also heard that Gruden wants Bell if he becomes a free agent
Steelers69
$500+ per year
$500+ per year

Online: 137d 3h 8m 20s
Home State: Pennsylvania (pa)

Reviews you have written

Postby stevepar on Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:51 pm

steelers...
you must have missed when cam said it was a load of crap that tomlin doesn't have control of his players...
stevepar
Posting Ambassador
Posting Ambassador

Online: 291d 22h 28m 3s

Postby chizzy on Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:39 pm

technically, they cant trade bell because he isnt under contract now.............. I believe the only way to trade him is to either sign him to a contract or tag him and get him to sign the tag and then trade him

cleveland has the first pick.......maybe they would give it up for bell and yes i would grab barkley with that pick, save alot of cap space and that kid is going to be a star
some people I know have their head so far up their ass, everytime they burp, them give themselves a prostate massage
chizzy
$500+ per year
$500+ per year

Online: 221d 15h 1m 52s

Reviews you have written

Postby BamBam on Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:57 pm

Well I don't care who you get but no one knows if a college kid is going to be a star. You might think he is, and he may be. But you don't know for sure. I can name a half dozen RB's coming out of college that were pegged as can't miss and they not only missed, they didnt last long.

With our offense the way it is set up, RB is not the crave all position. We have more pressing priorities on the other side of the ball.

Steve, what else is Heyward going to say? Besides all these picks and trades will mean nothing as long as our head coach is a buffoon when he's up against the clock. Also I heard that it was Tomlin calling the defense and running the meetings! Nothing more needs to be said.
BamBam
Postaholic
Postaholic

The following 2 users would like to thank BamBam for his post: 1 for the $, Steelers69

Postby steelhead on Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:53 pm

I would not sign. Your setting another bad example on a team full of bad examples. My feeling is he isn’t the hall of fame back many do. He’s good but not at the price he wants. Take that money and sign some help on defense and get another back via the draft or free agency.
It’s way too much of a cap hit for a guy that acts like a kid.
I'm not real complicated. If you provide BBBJ2CIMWS and foot rubs..... Please PM me.
steelhead
Postaholic
Postaholic

Online: 165d 2h 13m 10s

The following 3 users would like to thank steelhead for his post: 1 for the $, BamBam, Fun Guy

Postby Steelers69 on Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:36 pm

steelhead wrote:I would not sign. Your setting another bad example on a team full of bad examples. My feeling is he isn’t the hall of fame back many do. He’s good but not at the price he wants. Take that money and sign some help on defense and get another back via the draft or free agency.
It’s way too much of a cap hit for a guy that acts like a kid.

I would have to agree way to much asking price and your going to be paying 3 guys from the offensive side over 55 million dollars and that would mean that 3 guys are taking up close to 35 to 40 percent of the teams cap space. We have to many holes on the defense to fill. Plus he just acted out last BIG game of the year and he sent a message that if you franchise tag him again he will be a cancer in the locker room.
Steelers69
$500+ per year
$500+ per year

Reviews you have written

Postby stevepar on Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:03 pm

steelers...
i must have missed when he said that...did he tweet it...was he quoted by anyone...
or is that just your impression of what you think he said...
"he sent a message that if you franchise tag him again he will be a cancer in the locker room."
stevepar
Posting Ambassador
Posting Ambassador

Postby Steelers69 on Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:54 pm

Come on Steve you know what i meant by that, the last week he was at practice he didn't show up for the walk through until they had 10 minutes left of practice and then on game day he showed up late. If that wasn't sending a message then I don't know what is. That is basically telling them go ahead and franchise me and I will be a cancer in that locker room like James Harrison and Blount did, NO he didnt put out a tweet or email but from his actions the last week he sent a message to the team in his actions of last few days. I thought you were smarter then that steve :lol:
Steelers69
$500+ per year
$500+ per year

Reviews you have written

Postby steelhead on Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:25 am

A cancer is a disease that grows. Antonio Brown acted like a kid earlier this year and what happens? Martavis Bryant sees there is no penalty for that and does the same.
You sign Bell after not showing up last year till day before game one, not showing up for the walk through of the biggest game of the year, THEN showing up late for the biggest game of the year...that is a text book cancer. You reward that BS your inviting that cancer to spread.
Let him walk or watch the cancer spread. Shrink the cancer by letting him go and cut Mike Mitchell. Time to change the culture of this team.
I'm not real complicated. If you provide BBBJ2CIMWS and foot rubs..... Please PM me.
steelhead
Postaholic
Postaholic

Online: 165d 2h 13m 10s

The following 3 users would like to thank steelhead for his post: 1 for the $, BamBam, Steelers69

Postby BigDogDaddy on Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:26 am

Bell is actually a really nice kid. I had a ~45 minute, non-football related, conversation with him at his place and was surprised at how down to earth he was for his age. IMO he should negotiate, with whatever legal tools he has at his disposal, to squeeze every penny he can out of his unquestionable talent. It’s the old adage of charging what the market will bear. That’s what I do with my business, and if it that’d be 20mil/year you bet your sweet ass I’d bank every bit of it.
BigDogDaddy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Online: 35d 23h 54m 29s

Reviews you have written

The following 2 users would like to thank BigDogDaddy for his post: BamBam, tannana

Postby hard24get on Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:31 am

Bell is the poster boy for what is wrong with this team. Let him sit. His skills will erode with time. The NFL is filled with guys like him who tried to do the same thing. If the AFL, CFL, XFL, WFL, Arena Ball, etc., prove anything, it is that there are plenty of good football players around and stars can be found anywhere. Sad, really, because he has great skills and a 10 cent head. The NFL graveyard is full of guys like him. Good riddance.
hard24get

Online: 32d 15h 9m 46s

The following user would like to thank hard24get for his post: Fun Guy

Postby Steelers69 on Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:31 am

BigDogDaddy wrote:Bell is actually a really nice kid. I had a ~45 minute, non-football related, conversation with him at his place and was surprised at how down to earth he was for his age. IMO he should negotiate, with whatever legal tools he has at his disposal, to squeeze every penny he can out of his unquestionable talent. It’s the old adage of charging what the market will bear. That’s what I do with my business, and if it that’d be 20mil/year you bet your sweet ass I’d bank every bit of it.

Name ONE guy on New England's out side of Brady who is making a lot? You won't find one because Belicheck either trades them before their final year when they are about to break the bank and replaces them with NO Names from other teams or drafts some kid from a small school, let me ask you this what WIN'S Super Bowls? It's the defense side of the ball that win's them and a great defense can shut down a great offense every game. So you want to give him 18 to 20 million so we can have a high scoring offense? What has that done for us the last 3 years? Two years ago Denver knocked them out of the playoffs in the 2nd Rd and last year they made it to the AFC Championship game and got BLOWN out and this year they were 1 and done after scoring 42 points because our defense can't stop one of the worst QB in league history, players were talking crap about him all week and then he comes into PGH and our defense made him look like Tom Brady, and you want to go back a few years and look at another bad QB Tim Tebow did the same thing. I say let him go and get Ben a defense that can make stops on the defensive side of the ball and pretty sure Ben can get us 20 points a game if we can get back to having a Steel curtain. We should all know that Defense wins SB here in PGH. Go back 2 years and remember Payton Manning might be the worst QB to win a SB that year because they had a great defense that shut Brady down and then went on to shut down a high scoring Carolina Panthers offense. We need to stop paying these Diva's on offense and start rebuilding that Swiss cheese of a defense
Steelers69
$500+ per year
$500+ per year

Reviews you have written

The following user would like to thank Steelers69 for his post: Fun Guy

Postby BamBam on Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:38 am

I agree with alot being said. I don't know Bell, maybe he is a really good guy. Maybe is just an idiot in life. He's 25, they can be like that. That is all immaterial to the simple fact that if you sign him to a contract its going to be at least $17 million a year. So the question really boils down to what could I do with his cap space to improve my team to get to the next level? Thats it plain n simple.

Too bad we can't trade Tomlin for a young fireball coach and a pack of Luckys. Because fellas I am here to tell you, it don't matter who we get in FA or the draft. It has now occurred to me that the stillers are playing against whatever opponent. the refs at times and Tomlin's coaching.
BamBam
Postaholic
Postaholic

The following 3 users would like to thank BamBam for his post: 1 for the $, Steelers69, steelhead

Postby BigDogDaddy on Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:19 pm

Steelers, I don’t want to give him anything, but I don’t blame him and freak out because the guy is looking to maximize his income. Don’t you maximize yours? Maybe Pittsburgh gives him what he wants, maybe he goes elsewhere or settles for a lesser amount. Either way it’s his decision to make. Denying him that is commie BS, with a side of jealousy.
BigDogDaddy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Online: 35d 23h 54m 29s

Reviews you have written

Postby BamBam on Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:26 pm

Lol yes waiter uh I will have thee uh hmm uh ok gimme the commie bs and a side of jealousy and an iced tea and the lady will have.... :lol:

I don't think anyone is denying anyone anything. I'm sure Bell's agent isnt perusing Indys to see what the temperature is in da Boig. Anyways, my gut tells me they will come to a deal.
BamBam
Postaholic
Postaholic

The following user would like to thank BamBam for his post: Steelers69

Postby Steelers69 on Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:21 pm

BigDogDaddy wrote:Steelers, I don’t want to give him anything, but I don’t blame him and freak out because the guy is looking to maximize his income. Don’t you maximize yours? Maybe Pittsburgh gives him what he wants, maybe he goes elsewhere or settles for a lesser amount. Either way it’s his decision to make. Denying him that is commie BS, with a side of jealousy.

ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS? They offered him 15 million a season last year and he would have been the HIGHEST paid RB in the league, that BS statement you made is crazy. He isn't an average joe working at Walmart making 10 dollars an hour :lol: You can't compare these Millionaires to us that are making peanuts compered to these OVER PAID DIVAS making MILLIONS to play a kids game. Yeah the NFL is a Commie league and he is living in Russia :lol: Yeah play the jealous card like I'm jealous that he is demanding that kind of money that is another BS statement why not make it about Race? Instead of saying jealousy you should have brought the race card into it. These fuckers make more money in 1 game check then we make in a life time and most of them go bankrupt because they don't know how to invest it.
Steelers69
$500+ per year
$500+ per year

Reviews you have written

The following 2 users would like to thank Steelers69 for his post: 1 for the $, BamBam

Postby Fun Guy on Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:52 am

Lets all go to who we report to tomorrow and tell them we want twice as much salary as anyone else in our field or we won't show up for work and see how that works out.
If the company decides to give in to our demand they will also have to let go of some other employee's the company needs to advance to be the best company in the business.
*This is steelers point in a way. Nock it off with the fing race bullshit. Yes most know football is different, please spare us that line of BS.
Other than QB no other position in football is so dependent on one player. Bell is already making twice as much as any other RB in football.

Let him go smoke a Blount and cry how HE so misunderstood and disrespected. If he doesn't get what's OWED AND DUE TO HIM the rest of the players can kneel before every game in support of the disrespect and injustice to him.

[b:]-- less than a minute ago --[/b:]

The Steelers could do this to get Bell his due. Cut this guy and give his salary to Bell.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fun Guy

Online: 121d 20h 32m 36s

Reviews you have written

Postby BamBam on Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:09 pm

Funguy I agree witcha in principle. The real problem really isnt Bell. He's essentially a 25 yo kid and acts like one. Thats kind of to be expected. Where's his agent tellin him to tone it down a little? Sometimes its easy for us old guys (well not me) to forget that we have had years of experience of ups and downs to realize the proper way to go about things. But I always have to ask myself how would I act if I was 25 years old making millions and in demand? That shit can get into your head and often times our immaturity blasts through. No the real problem is the lack of discipline enforcement on the team. That starts at the top. As for Bell being a cancer in the locker room? I highly doubt it. He's probably well liked. His antics are more of a sore spot to the fans.

Anyways, with all that being said, I personally wouldn't give him 17 mill a year. I'd use the money for what really hurts us, the defense.
BamBam
Postaholic
Postaholic

Postby tannana on Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:51 pm

Steelers69 wrote:Name ONE guy on New England's out side of Brady who is making a lot? You won't find one because Belicheck either trades them before their final year when they are about to break the bank and replaces them with NO Names from other teams or drafts some kid from a small school, let me ask you this what WIN'S Super Bowls? It's the defense side of the ball that win's them and a great defense can shut down a great offense every game.

There is a reason Brady is paid, and a reason he's won a ton of rings, and it's not because New England's defense wins championships.

Fun Guy wrote:Lets all go to who we report to tomorrow and tell them we want twice as much salary as anyone else in our field or we won't show up for work and see how that works out.
If the company decides to give in to our demand they will also have to let go of some other employee's the company needs to advance to be the best company in the business.

I've done that. It's called negotiation. Happens every day in the non-sports world. Assuming he and his employer both think he's worth it, that's the way the world works.

You are also making the assumption that Bell isn't worth what cap space the Steeler's have to pay him. That's probably incorrect. If Shazier is still playing and Hayden doesn't get hurt this year, it's a completely different defense.
--I fuck on the first date, second date, third date. I "date" on no dates....
—I also use the foe/ignore function liberally. Life is too short....
tannana
Power Poster
Power Poster

Online: 53d 8h 6m 30s

Postby stevepar on Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:53 am

who is the starting running back next year if bell isn't...who will replace his production...james connor...has yet to stay healthy...or the guy they picked up late in the year...
and as much as the offense flows thru ben...bell isn't far behind...
stevepar
Posting Ambassador
Posting Ambassador

Postby Steelers69 on Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:01 am

stevepar wrote:who is the starting running back next year if bell isn't...who will replace his production...james connor...has yet to stay healthy...or the guy they picked up late in the year...
and as much as the offense flows thru ben...bell isn't far behind...

Conner never was given a chance in Tomlins team, Tomlin runs the tires off of his players. Remember Williams was the RB after Bell 4 game suspension he lead the league in rushing then did Tomlin use him after Bell came back? No he hardly ever got to touch the ball after Bell came back. We can't be spending between 30 and 40% of our cap space on 3 offensive guys and if you want to add in how much the offensive line is being played then their over 50%. We need to start spending money on the defense because thats what wins Super Bowls. Other then Shazier who was a stud on the defense our defense couldn't get off the field and teams ran all over them and we made Blake Bortlies look like Tom Brady :lol: I'm pretty sure if we give Ben Conner our leading RB and Tomlin gives other players a chance to run as well then we can score enough of points to win if the defense can hold a team under 20 points. I can't believe we as Steelers fans don't understand that defense wins SB's. We have to get back to playing Steel curtain defense and not having the highest scoring offense in the league. What has that got us the last 3 years? 1 AFC Championship and 2 2nd round losses and as long as we spend all our money on the offensive side of the ball we will NEVER beat New England or get back to the Super Bowl.

You brought up Steven Riddley the guy that ran for Bell the last game of the season against Cleveland he came from New England and helped them win a few SB and the way New England uses their RB core they use between 3 and 4 guys in the backfield every season. Just think of this little Stat we had Blount as a 2 headed monster running back team and we NEVER played him and he wanted out and acted and Forced the team to cut him and New England sign's him to 3 years while we still paid him 2 years here and he goes up there to help them win 2 SB's and then in the offseason he sign's with Philadelphia and they have 2 RB's that split time and now they are playing in the SB. Tomlin did it again this year with James Harrison who wanted just to be part of the defense and play every game because he still can help the defense. But Tomlin refused to dress him so he acted out and we seen what he did in New England in the playoffs make plays and on the last defense stand against Jacksonville he had a sack and forced a fumble to help seal the win.
Steelers69
$500+ per year
$500+ per year

Reviews you have written

The following 2 users would like to thank Steelers69 for his post: 1 for the $, BamBam

Previous

Return to The Sports Bar