Guest Announcements

Welcome to Indys.

Your premiere Intimacy Provider Advertising Website dedicated to your safety

We provide a unique social networking experience. Our goal is to make you feel welcome, safe, and successful as a member and supporter of our community.

Login or Register to gain access to advertisement directories, reviews, photo galleries, and other public and private discussion forums

Now covering Arizona, California, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, the Maryland / Washington DC corridor, Michigan, Nevada, New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Rhode Island, Texas, West Virginia

...and also these Indys Cities...
CO - Denver, GA - Atlanta, KS - Kansas City, LA - Baton Rouge, New Orleans and Shreveport, MA - Boston, MO - St. Louis, NC - Charlotte and Raleigh, NJ - Newark, NM - Albuquerque and Santa Fe, OK - Oklahoma City and Tulsa, OR - Portland, TN - Chattanooga, Knoxville, Nashville and Memphis, UT - Salt Lake City, WA - Seattle, WI - Milwaukee and Madison

If the Penguins are so great why are there no discussions

this is an area to discuss music, movies and sports topics.

If the Penguins are so great why are there no discussions

Postby Felix Leiter on Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:26 pm

I have been taken to task for being a pirates fan been told I'm wasting my time and I should support a good team like the penguins. I'll give them props any team that wins back to back championships is a good team and it's a great accomplishment, but if they are so popular and everybody loves them why are there no discussions about them on here. The season is half over and I don't think there has been a single thread on here since last season's playoffs.
"Just relax, I have a friend named Felix who can fix anything"--James Bond
Felix Leiter

Online: 78d 15h 28m 23s
Home State: Pennsylvania (pa)

Re: If the Penguins are so great why are there no discussions

Postby BamBam on Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:55 pm

Because we are Pittsburgh fans man. We don't discuss happy things in our sports teams. We only get vocal to bitch. For example listen to the radio. After a win its crickets except the few who complain about why we didnt win by more. But after a loss?? Holy shit the radio is hummin all day. Its a burgh thing

:drink:
BamBam
Postaholic
Postaholic

Online: 55d 18h 32m 17s
Home State: USA (us)

Postby Fun Guy on Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:30 pm

Like you concerning the Pirates I don't miss a Penguins game.

I don't see what to discuss. Like you said they won back to back Stanley Cups, first in so-called modern Hockey. They spend up to the cap year after year. They have like 3 of the top 10 players in all of Hockey.
Crosby is discussed in the top 3 to 5 players to ever play Hockey.

Bam may be right Pittsburgh people may only discuss the bad not the good in sports, the Pirates. I'm joking about the Pirates, ok. I don't remember exactly how it went.

Do you remember 2-3 years ago Ben got hurt Jones won a game or two. There was a call for Ben to be traded.
Fun Guy

Online: 123d 8h 33m 54s

Reviews you have written

Postby Felix Leiter on Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:44 pm

Then maybe I'm just a different breed of cat. My 2 sports passions are the Pirates and Pitt my alma mater and when either one does something good I want to talk about it. If I was still a Pens fan and they were on a winning streak, or someone had a great game I'd be on here saying did you see that! But I guess most fans don't care about it unless it's bad? If true that's very sad. Oh by the way I was at that New Year's Eve game against the Devils, I forget the year, when Mario scored a goal every way possible. I'm curious was any one else in the delegation there that day?
Felix Leiter

Postby BamBam on Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:45 am

Felix, I hear you. It's not that they don't care when they win. Its just that there's no fun in long convos after a win, because we are pretty much saying the same thing. But a loss will bring out a 100 different reasons why.
BamBam
Postaholic
Postaholic

Postby Steelers69 on Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:25 am

Felix Leiter wrote:Then maybe I'm just a different breed of cat. My 2 sports passions are the Pirates and Pitt my alma mater and when either one does something good I want to talk about it. y?

Well then you don't have much to talk about do you? Now I know why you been talking about Pirates they was NOTHING to talk about for 20 years and had a few good years. Now get use to another 20 plus years. Better find something to cheer for because you might NOT ever get excited again in your life because you will be dead before the Pirates give you that chance again :lol: Go down to the local gun shop and buy a fucking bullet
Steelers69
$500+ per year
$500+ per year

Online: 139d 6h 7m 26s

Reviews you have written

The following user would like to thank Steelers69 for his post: 1 for the $

Postby 1 for the $ on Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:06 pm

felix, I hope you did a better job of fixing things for james bond than you have for the pirates. :twisted:
Against the wind
I'm still running against the wind
Well I'm older now & still running
against the wind
Bob Seger
1 for the $
Postaholic
Postaholic

Online: 125d 3h 19m 25s

Postby Felix Leiter on Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:30 pm

I usually do. The situations JB finds himself in are nowhere as bad as the Pirates plight.
Felix Leiter

The following user would like to thank Felix Leiter for his post: 1 for the $

Postby tannana on Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:07 am

I hold Pens tickets. I try to watch most Steeler games.

After trading Cutch, I wouldn't piss on Nutting to put him out nor pay to see a Pirate game.

It's tough when a team is winning, to have debate and diatribe. When the Pens don't win the Cup this year (And I give them about 50/50 to make the playoffs), you'll see grumbling start.....
--I fuck on the first date, second date, third date. I "date" on no dates....
—I also use the foe/ignore function liberally. Life is too short....
tannana
Power Poster
Power Poster

Online: 54d 16h 18m 10s

The following user would like to thank tannana for his post: Fun Guy

Postby Iceman on Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:15 pm

I'm not worried at all about them making the playoffs, a 3rd consecutive cup though is a hell of a challenge.
"Anybody who believes that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach flunked geography." - Robert Byrne

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Iceman

Online: 61d 19h 32m 43s

Postby tannana on Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:41 am

Iceman wrote:I'm not worried at all about them making the playoffs, a 3rd consecutive cup though is a hell of a challenge.

No more runs of stupid. A 4 game slide at this point probably ends it. On one hand, they've done that early/midseason crap the last couple of years, been hot at the right time, and won the Cup. On the other hand, it's hard to make up ground in the NHL playoff points race.

I read somewhere they had played more hockey in a 2.5 year span than any team in the history of the NHL. Even with the "youth" movement, it's hard to imagine they can do that a 3rd time, especially without the luxury of goaltending they had with the Murray/Fluery tandem.
tannana
Power Poster
Power Poster

Postby Fun Guy on Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:58 pm

Really what is there to complain about the Penguins. If they don't make the playoffs the next 3-5 years they've still been exceptional.

Only points to discuss about the Penguins is a trade for a 3rd line center that they get fit under the cap since they are up against the cap, trading Cole or Hunwick or if they will make the playoffs this year.

There won't be a discussion about the Penguins trading Crosby and Malkin for 4 of another teams lower rated minor league players to cut payroll or bobblehead night.
Fun Guy

Online: 123d 8h 33m 54s

Reviews you have written

Postby BamBam on Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:04 pm

If they dont make the playoffs with who they have on their roster, it would be disasterous considering a total of 16 teams in the nhl make it.
BamBam
Postaholic
Postaholic

Postby tannana on Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:26 pm

BamBam wrote:If they dont make the playoffs with who they have on their roster, it would be disasterous considering a total of 16 teams in the nhl make it.

4 lines to win a cup, 3 to contend. The Pens have two really good lines and whatever Sullivan puts in the yatzee cup and rolls for lines 3 and 4 on any given night. That's not going to do it (win the cup).

Cole is a dead man walking. I just hope they can swing a real 3rd line center in return.
tannana
Power Poster
Power Poster

Postby BamBam on Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:39 pm

The cup yes, not the playoffs.
BamBam
Postaholic
Postaholic

Postby chizzy on Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:41 pm

if there is one team in pittsburgh i have faith in to do what it takes................its the penguins
some people I know have their head so far up their ass, everytime they burp, them give themselves a prostate massage
chizzy
$500+ per year
$500+ per year

Online: 223d 18h 14m 59s

Reviews you have written

The following 2 users would like to thank chizzy for his post: 1 for the $, BamBam

Postby benjam on Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:20 pm

chizzy wrote:if there is one team in pittsburgh i have faith in to do what it takes................its the penguins

Yea....I am keeping quiet on that comment ughhhh :x
benjam

Online: 135d 15h 21m 13s
Home State: Ohio (oh)

Reviews you have written

Return to The Sports Bar