Guest Announcements

Welcome to Indys.

Your premiere Intimacy Provider Advertising Website dedicated to your safety

We provide a unique social networking experience. Our goal is to make you feel welcome, safe, and successful as a member and supporter of our community.

Login or Register to gain access to advertisement directories, reviews, photo galleries, and other public and private discussion forums

Now covering Arizona, California, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, the Maryland / Washington DC corridor, Michigan, Nevada, New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Rhode Island, Texas, West Virginia

...and also these Indys Cities...
CO - Denver, GA - Atlanta, KS - Kansas City, LA - Baton Rouge, New Orleans and Shreveport, MA - Boston, MO - St. Louis, NC - Charlotte and Raleigh, NJ - Newark, NM - Albuquerque and Santa Fe, OK - Oklahoma City and Tulsa, OR - Portland, TN - Chattanooga, Knoxville, Nashville and Memphis, UT - Salt Lake City, WA - Seattle, WI - Milwaukee and Madison

the raiders...the rooney rule colin kaepernik and the n.f.l.

this is an area to discuss music, movies and sports topics.

the raiders...the rooney rule colin kaepernik and the n.f.l.

Postby stevepar on Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:39 pm

mike freeman of bleacher report is touting a story that the n.f.l. went easy on the raiders..when it came to the rooney rule interviews...the payback would be the raiders sign colin kaepernik to a contract...which would end the collusion case colin has against the n.f.l...
it's nice when things work out... :)

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/rep ... li=BBnb7Kz
stevepar
Posting Ambassador
Posting Ambassador

Online: 291d 22h 28m 3s
Home State: Pennsylvania (pa)

Re: the raiders...the rooney rule colin kaepernik and the n.f.l.

Postby BamBam on Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:19 pm

Here is the problem I have with the rooney rule. Lets say a owner of a team has a guy he wants to hire for his head coach, why waste everyone's time with meaningless interviews?? I understand the principle behind it, but in the end it doesn't change the end result. You are still going to hire who you want. The only difference i you have to go thru the charade.
BamBam
Postaholic
Postaholic

Online: 53d 23h 26m 49s
Home State: USA (us)

Postby stevepar on Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:20 pm

bam...
I am more concerned by the possible quid pro quo between the n.f.l. and the raiders...what better way to end kaeperniks law suit than to hire him...
stevepar
Posting Ambassador
Posting Ambassador

Postby chizzy on Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:38 pm

business is business is about the best answer that can be given................ whether its the nfl, the mafia or congress............ although congress is the least you can trust :lol:
some people I know have their head so far up their ass, everytime they burp, them give themselves a prostate massage
chizzy
$500+ per year
$500+ per year

Online: 220d 16h 56m 29s

Reviews you have written

Postby Ausse Salt on Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:00 am

BamBam wrote:Here is the problem I have with the rooney rule. Lets say a owner of a team has a guy he wants to hire for his head coach, why waste everyone's time with meaningless interviews?? I understand the principle behind it, but in the end it doesn't change the end result. You are still going to hire who you want. The only difference i you have to go thru the charade.

... Too right, Butch...

... If it were me-own football team - then I'LL be the one
to make the decision on who I want the Manager to be.

What if - as-in the case of the Raiders - I have
already decided on hiring John Gruden?
WHY would I then "interview" others
for the position that I've filled with Gruden??

... All seems rather silly to me.

But then yer NFL league surely got enough
problems of its-own making.
They can't even get blokes to STOP the kneeling
- and the ratings decline... :roll:

### Salty
Ausse Salt
Posting Ambassador
Posting Ambassador

Online: 201d 10h 11m 9s
Home State: West Virginia (wv)

Postby billy guns on Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:34 am

Ausse Salt wrote:
BamBam wrote:Here is the problem I have with the rooney rule. Lets say a owner of a team has a guy he wants to hire for his head coach, why waste everyone's time with meaningless interviews?? I understand the principle behind it, but in the end it doesn't change the end result. You are still going to hire who you want. The only difference i you have to go thru the charade.

... Too right, Butch...

... If it were me-own football team - then I'LL be the one
to make the decision on who I want the Manager to be.

What if - as-in the case of the Raiders - I have
already decided on hiring John Gruden?
WHY would I then "interview" others
for the position that I've filled with Gruden??

... All seems rather silly to me.

But then yer NFL league surely got enough
problems of its-own making.
They can't even get blokes to STOP the kneeling
- and the ratings decline... :roll:

### Salty

Only because yoir Neo nazi group doesn’t recognize the Rooney rule that Shoild allow minorities to be at least be interviewed for tne position
billy guns

Online: 91d 11h 41m 4s
Home State: Ohio (oh)

Reviews you have written

Postby BamBam on Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:48 am

Billy I get ya. But if its my team, dont I have the right to hire the guy I feel is best for me? Black or white or hispanic. Im just saying that the rooney rule is not really changing anything. Its just a fluff rule to appease. Thats just the cold hard facts.

Btw, I assure you that there are no neo nazi team owners. So stop with the dramatics. :lol:

[b:]-- Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:50 pm --[/b:]

[quote="stevepar":]bam...
I am more concerned by the possible quid pro quo between the n.f.l. and the raiders...what better way to end kaeperniks law suit than to hire him...[/quote:]

Hire him to do what? Lay carpet at the stadium. I mean he's better on his knees than in the pocket.
BamBam
Postaholic
Postaholic

The following user would like to thank BamBam for his post: 1 for the $

Postby billy guns on Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:52 am

BamBam wrote:Billy I get ya. But if its my team, dont I have the right to hire the guy I feel is best for me? Black or white or hispanic. Im just saying that the rooney rule is not really changing anything. Its just a fluff rule to appease. Thats just the cold hard facts.

Btw, I assure you that there are no neo nazi team owners. So stop with the dramatics. :lol:

[b:]-- Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:50 pm --[/b:]

[quote="stevepar":]bam...
I am more concerned by the possible quid pro quo between the n.f.l. and the raiders...what better way to end kaeperniks law suit than to hire him...[/quote:]

Hire him to do what? Lay carpet at the stadium. I mean he's better on his knees than in the pocket.[/quote]

At least do the interview
billy guns

Online: 91d 11h 41m 4s
Home State: Ohio (oh)

Reviews you have written

Postby stevepar on Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:56 am

bam...
I think getting rid of the law suit would make the owners much happier...that way all the secrets stay buried and the nfl rids itself of a huge problem...and c.k. ends up holding a clip board for 2 years...
stevepar
Posting Ambassador
Posting Ambassador

Postby tannana on Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:53 am

If Mark Davis has any of his father's genetics, he'd have interviewed the requisite number of minority candidates then give the NFL the finger.
--I fuck on the first date, second date, third date. I "date" on no dates....
—I also use the foe/ignore function liberally. Life is too short....
tannana
Power Poster
Power Poster

Online: 52d 23h 27m 3s

Postby BamBam on Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:14 am

stevepar wrote:bam...
I think getting rid of the law suit would make the owners much happier...that way all the secrets stay buried and the nfl rids itself of a huge problem...and c.k. ends up holding a clip board for 2 years...

Roster spots are valuable. Especially in a sport that creates a lot injuries. With that being said, do I think Kap is better than some backup QB's on a roster? Yes and he probably would be holding a clipboard if not for the fact that no owner wants to take the chance on creating more drama.

Billy, "at least do the interview"?? That sir is my WHOLE point!!! Its a waste of everyone's time and money if you already know who you want. In todays NFL minority coaches are not being left out. Ya maybe 20-30 years ago, but not today. The rooney rule is now antiquated and useless. Kinda like those absurd state laws that are still on te books from 200 yrs ago. Like it is forbidden to tie your horse up and have sex with it within city limits before 5pm. (Relax Steve I made it up, theres no such law that I know of :D )
BamBam
Postaholic
Postaholic

The following user would like to thank BamBam for his post: Ausse Salt

Postby sloweasy1 on Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:19 am

Art hired Grimm and Dan outranked him for Tomlin.
The Rooney rule is the reason we have a team with no control and lack of self discipline.
Get rid of Tomlin and Porter.

-- Fri Jan 26, 2018

10 --

Art hired Grimm and Dan outranked him for Tomlin.
The Rooney rule is the reason we have a team with no control and lack of self discipline.
Get rid of Tomlin and Porter.
sloweasy1
Never Sleeps
Never Sleeps

Online: 25d 16h 41m 11s

The following user would like to thank sloweasy1 for his or her post: 1 for the $

Return to The Sports Bar