Guest Announcements

Welcome to Indys.

Your premiere Intimacy Provider Advertising Website dedicated to your safety

We provide a unique social networking experience. Our goal is to make you feel welcome, safe, and successful as a member and supporter of our community.

Login or Register to gain access to advertisement directories, reviews, photo galleries, and other public and private discussion forums

Now covering Arizona, California, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, the Maryland / Washington DC corridor, Michigan, Nevada, New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Rhode Island, Texas, West Virginia

...and also these Indys Cities...
CO - Denver, GA - Atlanta, KS - Kansas City, LA - Baton Rouge, New Orleans and Shreveport, MA - Boston, MO - St. Louis, NC - Charlotte and Raleigh, NJ - Newark, NM - Albuquerque and Santa Fe, OK - Oklahoma City and Tulsa, OR - Portland, TN - Chattanooga, Knoxville, Nashville and Memphis, UT - Salt Lake City, WA - Seattle, WI - Milwaukee and Madison

Stallings does he stay or go ?

this is an area to discuss music, movies and sports topics.

Stallings does he stay or go ?

Postby billy guns on Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:27 pm

I’m all about giving a new coach a chance. Jaime left the cupboard absofuckinglutely empty
But is tne guy to lead the comeback? Carr seems to be the only stud going forward. Julious page I think alluded to fact that stallings was more interested in bringing university ‘corporate’
Players Than a few street smart more talented players.
This team is now not relevant. Heather AD attends all tne away Games and she wanted to win I think she shoots him early. I mean after this season who the fuck does he attract ??
billy guns

Online: 90d 13h 4m 38s
Home State: Ohio (oh)

Reviews you have written

Re: Stallings does he stay or go ?

Postby NWM on Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:57 pm

From what I have heard recently, his attitude is what is not helping him. He looks and sounds defeated. So even if they manage to win the rest of their games this season, who is going to want to play for a coach, or keep one on payroll, who cannot keep a positive attitude going when things get tough?

The only problem I see with getting rid of him after this season is the buyout of his contract. I have not heard what the amount would be, though.
"All the treasures, the gold and glory
It didn't always feel that way
I don't regret it - I'll never forget it
I wouldn't trade tomorrow for today"

Headlong Flight by Rush

My avatar is my new favorite photo of the little cutie we know as Khloe-luvs-ya. What a babe!!! And what a sexy pose!!! Photo used with Khloe's permission.
NWM
Power Poster
Power Poster

Online: 54d 12h 44m 8s
Home State: Pennsylvania (pa)

Reviews you have written

Postby Steelers69 on Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:14 am

He was a bad hire and one of the worst coaches in basketball they suck every season he's been here, now the Pete is empty no one goes to the games not even the students. Maybe Pitt just needs to end all their team sports because its almost an embarrassment to the City and school.
Steelers69
$500+ per year
$500+ per year

Online: 132d 17h 3m 49s

Reviews you have written

Postby billy guns on Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:17 am

Steelers69 wrote:He was a bad hire and one of the worst coaches in basketball they suck every season he's been here, now the Pete is empty no one goes to the games not even the students. Maybe Pitt just needs to end all their team sports because its almost an embarrassment to the City and school.

This sounds like your anti pirate rant
The football program is doing ok
Are u jist anti Pittsbufgh ?
billy guns

Reviews you have written

The following user would like to thank billy guns for his post: havingfuninthenude

Postby Steelers69 on Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:23 am

billy guns wrote:
Steelers69 wrote:He was a bad hire and one of the worst coaches in basketball they suck every season he's been here, now the Pete is empty no one goes to the games not even the students. Maybe Pitt just needs to end all their team sports because its almost an embarrassment to the City and school.

Its true Pitt football will never have a good season in say 10-2 they will always finish around 6-6 or if they get lucky 7-5 and I can't name a sport that Pitt is good at, and Yes I am a Steelers and Pens fan
Steelers69
$500+ per year
$500+ per year

Reviews you have written

Postby billy guns on Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:32 am

Steelers69 wrote:
billy guns wrote:

Its true Pitt football will never have a good season in say 10-2 they will always finish around 6-6 or if they get lucky 7-5 and I can't name a sport that Pitt is good at, and Yes I am a Steelers and Pens fan

Then go enjoy pens and Steelers. Btw where are Steelers ?
I’m a college guy and FB is doing ok.
This was a study on the b-ball program and looking for an objective view
billy guns

Reviews you have written

Postby Ausse Salt on Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:55 am

... Objective view?

... You've surely came to the proper place, mate.
... Step into me office --

... The football programme ... er, "american football"
is in a decent position in the ACC - at least
if they can WIN - they then have a long,
but outside chance at the BCS finals.

... The basketballers have the same chance,
but they surely need to attract BETTER PLAYERS.
No offence meant, but WHO in their right state o'
mind wants to come to Pittsburgh University??

Unless you wanna be a doctor or lawyer?

... Penn State and some o' the other "Big" schools
grab whatever really good football talent is out there,
and WHO is coming HERE for basketball in the
winter monthes when they can play at Carolina
or Georgia where it's warm.

... You can blame Narduzzi and Stallings
if you wish - but WHO do you replace
them with??

... Pittsburgh aint the greatest college
football job out there, just sayin' ...

### Salty

Ausse Salt
Posting Ambassador
Posting Ambassador

Online: 196d 1h 14m 7s
Home State: West Virginia (wv)

Postby Steelers69 on Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:55 am

billy guns wrote:
Steelers69 wrote:
billy guns wrote:

Then go enjoy pens and Steelers. Btw where are Steelers ?
I’m a college guy and FB is doing ok.
This was a study on the b-ball program and looking for an objective view

Football is doing OK :lol: That should be their new Slogan sure that would make kids want to come play their. :lol: Come here and do OK and finish around 6-6 if we play Ok :lol:

As for the Steelers they make the playoffs almost every year and if not for New England they would have won a few more SB

Well I thought I gave a great idea for the whole program and not just basketball but since you don't like that one then maybe drop down from Div 1 and maybe go to Div 2 or 3 and maybe then they could do better and be respectable once again :lol:

But I still like my 1st view just imagen how much money the school could save each year
Steelers69
$500+ per year
$500+ per year

Reviews you have written

Postby steelhead on Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:01 am

Stallings was a terrible hire!! His reputation for fighting with his players and the fact that he NEVER had a winning conference record at Vanderbilt is all they should have needed to know to stay away from him. Should have found a young guy with ACC roots and a known recruiter.
I'm not real complicated. If you provide BBBJ2CIMWS and foot rubs..... Please PM me.
steelhead
Postaholic
Postaholic

Online: 162d 16h 22m 24s

Postby NWM on Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:19 am

Who would be a good replacement? Who would want to coach Pitt and have to rebuild a program that is already in the process of rebuilding? Do you get someone who is going to pick up where Stallings leaves off? Or do you scrap everything and start over again?

Headlong Flight by Rush

My avatar is my new favorite photo of the little cutie we know as Khloe-luvs-ya. What a babe!!! And what a sexy pose!!! Photo used with Khloe's permission.
NWM
Power Poster
Power Poster

Reviews you have written

Postby Felix Leiter on Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:19 am

Stallings was a huge mistake I want to see what next year's recruiting class will be like but I look at it this way we're at rock bottom right now the only team in the top 6 conferences without a conference win it can't get any worse than this. Firing him and starting over won't be a set back it would be a start back. Get some young thirty something who can reinvigorate the program.
"Just relax, I have a friend named Felix who can fix anything"--James Bond
Felix Leiter

Online: 71d 15h 21m 27s

Postby BamBam on Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:21 pm

billy guns wrote:

Ok let me address a few items.

1) Billy the true test of a Pgh sports fan and their level of fanhood is measured in the amount of bitching. Its just who we are. With that being said, based on Steeler69's level I would assume he is a huge fan. We are negative nellies because we expect wins all the time. Just the way it is.

2) Steeler I will tell you Pitt football can be a 8-4 or 9-3 program. They can beat number 2's and I think they found their QB.

3) Stallings SUCKS!!! I agree the man sounds like life has kicked his ass everyday. I think he survives this year. Next year if there isnt a huge improvement, he's gone.
BamBam
Postaholic
Postaholic

Online: 50d 12h 57m 18s
Home State: USA (us)

Postby Josie Wales on Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:04 pm

If you want to know S69s opinions just listen to the Yinzers bitch on the Fan. Same garbage.
Currently Foeing Gabs and Dreamgirl

A wise person once said “ You can’t fix stupid”
Josie Wales
Power Poster
Power Poster

Online: 33d 8h 15m 46s

Reviews you have written

Postby Silentman on Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:42 pm

He was a terrible hire and Pitt is in quite a quandary at this point.
Maybe worth taking another step back to maybe make a possible step forward.

It is never going to be better than the Howland Dixon era.

They are now totally irrelevant.
Silentman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Online: 6d 21h 55m

Reviews you have written

Postby Felix Leiter on Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:26 pm

It's the end of the season Pitt has not won a game in 2018 and won't win their remaining 2 games with number 1 in the nation Virginia and Notre Dame. The day after Pitt loses in the first round of the ACC tournament Stallings must be fired. He brings nothing to the program replace him with some young hungry assistant coach you know like Jamie Dixon was when he first took over the program.
Felix Leiter

Postby billy guns on Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:45 pm

He’s gone and Suzie better get her act together
billy guns

Reviews you have written

Postby NWM on Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:52 pm

Even if they miraculously win the last two games, it doesn't prove that he has the stuff to coach at Pitt. It's not like the football team being good and managing to pull it together even better to beat some much better teams. For the basketball team, it would just be luck right now, or the other teams taking them way too lightly. So I think it is time to find a new coach. Someone younger, with a lot more energy, and who can light a fire under the program.

Headlong Flight by Rush

NWM
Power Poster
Power Poster

Reviews you have written

Postby BamBam on Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:03 pm

Felix Leiter wrote:It's the end of the season Pitt has not won a game in 2018 and won't win their remaining 2 games with number 1 in the nation Virginia and Notre Dame. The day after Pitt loses in the first round of the ACC tournament Stallings must be fired. He brings nothing to the program replace him with some young hungry assistant coach you know like Jamie Dixon was when he first took over the program.

Felix, the problem is it was easy to get a Dixon because he was following a fairly successful Ben Howland. Today this is a whole different bag of shit. The good news is, whoever does follow Stallings won't have to worry about following success.
BamBam
Postaholic
Postaholic

Postby Felix Leiter on Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:36 pm

You're right Bam, Dixon was also howland's protege. I don't want to see a tired old man who looks like Otis the drunk on the Andy Griffith show, give me a young vigorous guy with fire in his eyes who will be an inspiration to the squad. But when you get down to it, it all depends on recruiting. We'll see what happens but it can't get any worse than it is now. He might be a nice guy but Stallings must go.
Felix Leiter

Postby cman922 on Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:53 pm

Sean Miller might be available.
“You want some respect? Go out and get it for yourself.” Don Draper, Mad Men
cman922

Online: 282d 22h 20m 13s

Reviews you have written

The following user would like to thank cman922 for his post: chizzy

Postby Steelers69 on Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:42 pm

cman922 wrote:Sean Miller might be available.

He will be going to jail but lets say he doesn't end up their the NCAA will ban any one from hiring him for 7 to 10 years
Steelers69
$500+ per year
$500+ per year

Reviews you have written

Postby BamBam on Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:23 pm

There is no way Sean Miller or any coach with a winning pedigree, is going to come to Pitt. There's no incentive! I think the only way you get a winning coach here is to pull him from lower divisions. That actually is a good idea.
BamBam
Postaholic
Postaholic

Postby Felix Leiter on Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:15 pm

Was there ever any doubt 8-23, 0 for the ACC. Rematch with Notre Dame on Tuesday in the ACC tournament. Before the echoes of the last ball clunking off the rim fade Stallings should be gone. Some "experts " say firing him will set the program back even further I say bullshit. We're at rock bottom you can't get any worse than this, there's nothing to tear down. There is no way you can justify giving him another season.
Felix Leiter

Postby steelhead on Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:08 am

Steelers69 wrote:

He will be going to jail but lets say he doesn't end up their the NCAA will ban any one from hiring him for 7 to 10 years

Pretty sure he was joking.

Worst hire that I can remember. Not the current ADs fault. She didn’t hire him! I’d like to know what recruits Stallings has coming in for next year. If his recruiting class isn’t looking good I’d let him go BUT I’d already have some feelers out to see what young up and coming guys are available.
I’d also look hard at African American candidates. Pitts a city school...most of our recruits will be city kids. We would be Sort of the non-prissy option vs the snobby Duke, NC, etc of the conference. We can’t match them in any other way. Promote our city grittiness vs these other schools as a positive.
I disagree that the Pitt job isn’t a good job. Unlike the football team, when Pitt plays well, the place is packed. The Pete is first class, on campus and the program has some good history.
I'm not real complicated. If you provide BBBJ2CIMWS and foot rubs..... Please PM me.
steelhead
Postaholic
Postaholic

Online: 162d 16h 22m 24s

Postby Felix Leiter on Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:22 pm

Close but no cigar. Pitt loses in the first round of the ACC tournament 67-64 to Notre Dame. So that's it. Pitt goes 8-24, 0 for 2018, and 0-19 in the ACC. Unless Stallings has some 4 star recruits who will decommit if Stallings is out Pitt should eat the last two years of the contract and let him go. There's nothing to lose here except another wasted season if they keep Stallings. Start fresh in the fall it can't get any worse than this.
Felix Leiter

Next

Return to The Sports Bar