Guest Announcements

Welcome to Indys.

Your premiere Intimacy Provider Advertising Website dedicated to your safety

We provide a unique social networking experience. Our goal is to make you feel welcome, safe, and successful as a member and supporter of our community.

Login or Register to gain access to advertisement directories, reviews, photo galleries, and other public and private discussion forums


Now covering Arizona, California, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, the Maryland / Washington DC corridor, Michigan, Nevada, New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Rhode Island, Texas, West Virginia

...and also these Indys Cities...
CO - Denver, GA - Atlanta, KS - Kansas City, LA - Baton Rouge, New Orleans and Shreveport, MA - Boston, MO - St. Louis, NC - Charlotte and Raleigh, NJ - Newark, NM - Albuquerque and Santa Fe, OK - Oklahoma City and Tulsa, OR - Portland, TN - Chattanooga, Knoxville, Nashville and Memphis, UT - Salt Lake City, WA - Seattle, WI - Milwaukee and Madison


Thoughts on your 2017 Pittsburgh Pirates

this is an area to discuss music, movies and sports topics.

Re: Thoughts on your 2017 Pittsburgh Pirates

Postby billy guns on Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:07 am

Steelers69 wrote:Not so Fast Billy Nova is pitching tonight, its been a long time since we have won when he pitched, he has been averaging over 4 runs a game


yea i know - although last game - only one earned because of freese's throw -- -so hopefully he turns it around a bit
User avatar
billy guns
 
Posts: 3235
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:08 am
Online: 85d 10h 13m 23s
Gender: Male
Home State: Ohio (oh)
 
 
Reviews you have written

Re: Thoughts on your 2017 Pittsburgh Pirates

Postby stevepar on Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:32 pm

10 to 0..
anyone who thinks they will make the playoffs is in the same opium den as Julie Christy at the end of McCabe and mrs. miller...
User avatar
stevepar
Posting Ambassador
Posting Ambassador
 
Posts: 10933
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:23 pm
Online: 284d 1h 19m 2s
Gender: Male
Home State: Pennsylvania (pa)

Re: Thoughts on your 2017 Pittsburgh Pirates

Postby billy guns on Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:40 pm

stevepar wrote:10 to 0..
anyone who thinks they will make the playoffs is in the same opium den as Julie Christy at the end of McCabe and mrs. miller...

They are 3.5 back
User avatar
billy guns
 
Posts: 3235
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:08 am
Online: 85d 10h 13m 23s
Gender: Male
Home State: Ohio (oh)
 
 
Reviews you have written

Re: Thoughts on your 2017 Pittsburgh Pirates

Postby stevepar on Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:54 pm

billy...
and 3 teams to jump over...I just don't see it happening...
User avatar
stevepar
Posting Ambassador
Posting Ambassador
 
Posts: 10933
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:23 pm
Online: 284d 1h 19m 2s
Gender: Male
Home State: Pennsylvania (pa)

Re: Thoughts on your 2017 Pittsburgh Pirates

Postby billy guns on Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:00 pm

stevepar wrote:billy...
and 3 teams to jump over...I just don't see it happening...

They still play them all esp the cubs.
They win tomorrow take 3/4 from
Tigers not bad
User avatar
billy guns
 
Posts: 3235
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:08 am
Online: 85d 10h 13m 23s
Gender: Male
Home State: Ohio (oh)
 
 
Reviews you have written

Re: Thoughts on your 2017 Pittsburgh Pirates

Postby stevepar on Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:15 pm

and if they lose tomorrow...if they play the cubs for 7 or 8 games...I say they win 2 if they're lucky...
the team has no constancy...
I'd like to see them pull it off...
it's good for the city...and the population is much happier when the team makes the playoffs...
although they lose marte for any post season play...
User avatar
stevepar
Posting Ambassador
Posting Ambassador
 
Posts: 10933
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:23 pm
Online: 284d 1h 19m 2s
Gender: Male
Home State: Pennsylvania (pa)

Re: Thoughts on your 2017 Pittsburgh Pirates

Postby Felix Leiter on Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:51 am

One back of Milwaukee 2 back of st. Louis and 4 back of Chicago in the loss column with numerous games to play against all 3 teams. We have to play more consistently and win series. I wouldn't bet the ranch on the outcome but we have as good a chance as the other 3. Unless someone gets red hot and pulls away this thing is going into late September.
"Just relax, I have a friend named Felix who can fix anything"--James Bond
User avatar
Felix Leiter
 
Posts: 2027
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 4:06 pm
Online: 57d 2h 31m 38s
Gender: Male
Home State: Pennsylvania (pa)
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Thoughts on your 2017 Pittsburgh Pirates

Postby Steelers69 on Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:09 am

Felix Leiter wrote:One back of Milwaukee 2 back of st. Louis and 4 back of Chicago in the loss column with numerous games to play against all 3 teams. We have to play more consistently and win series. I wouldn't bet the ranch on the outcome but we have as good a chance as the other 3. Unless someone gets red hot and pulls away this thing is going into late September.

Their only chance is if they don't let Nova or Hudson pitch another inning the rest of the way, Nova is a automatic loss when he is on the mound and we know that if they bring in Hudson that he will give up a few runs
User avatar
Steelers69
$500+ per year
$500+ per year
 
Posts: 6183
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:41 pm
Online: 123d 11h 11m
Gender: Male
Home State: Pennsylvania (pa)
 
 
Reviews you have written

Re: Thoughts on your 2017 Pittsburgh Pirates

Postby Felix Leiter on Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:24 pm

Raise it!!! A little shaky at the end but Cole gets his 10th win and we take 3 of 4 from the Motor City Kitties. Cubs are off so we'll go into the weekend 3 back (4 in the loss column). Taillon tomorrow let's keep it going and go for at least 2 of 3 north of the border in Toronto. Let's Go Bucs!!!
"Just relax, I have a friend named Felix who can fix anything"--James Bond
User avatar
Felix Leiter
 
Posts: 2027
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 4:06 pm
Online: 57d 2h 31m 38s
Gender: Male
Home State: Pennsylvania (pa)
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Thoughts on your 2017 Pittsburgh Pirates

Postby billy guns on Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:49 pm

Felix Leiter wrote:Raise it!!! A little shaky at the end but Cole gets his 10th win and we take 3 of 4 from the Motor City Kitties. Cubs are off so we'll go into the weekend 3 back (4 in the loss column). Taillon tomorrow let's keep it going and go for at least 2 of 3 north of the border in Toronto. Let's Go Bucs!!!

Agreed - 2/3 from Toronto and at least a split with Milwaukee.
I think the cards may be the team to beat. So those 4 games coming are key
User avatar
billy guns
 
Posts: 3235
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:08 am
Online: 85d 10h 13m 23s
Gender: Male
Home State: Ohio (oh)
 
 
Reviews you have written

Re: Thoughts on your 2017 Pittsburgh Pirates

Postby Felix Leiter on Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:00 pm

Raise it!!! Back to .500 at 58-58. Good game by Taillon giving up just the 2 runs in six innings. The bullpen was perfect in their 3. Worried about Cutch and his knee hopefully it won't be too serious. Early 1 p.m. game tomorrow so get some rest and crank it up again. Let's Go Bucs!!!
"Just relax, I have a friend named Felix who can fix anything"--James Bond
User avatar
Felix Leiter
 
Posts: 2027
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 4:06 pm
Online: 57d 2h 31m 38s
Gender: Male
Home State: Pennsylvania (pa)
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Thoughts on your 2017 Pittsburgh Pirates

Postby billy guns on Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:01 pm

Felix Leiter wrote:Raise it!!! Back to .500 at 58-58. Good game by Taillon giving up just the 2 runs in six innings. The bullpen was perfect in their 3. Worried about Cutch and his knee hopefully it won't be too serious. Early 1 p.m. game tomorrow so get some rest and crank it up again. Let's Go Bucs!!!

We will Take it. This was one we need it
Taillon is a stud. The naysayers Can argue all they want but the recent acquisitions have been great
User avatar
billy guns
 
Posts: 3235
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:08 am
Online: 85d 10h 13m 23s
Gender: Male
Home State: Ohio (oh)
 
 
Reviews you have written

Re: Thoughts on your 2017 Pittsburgh Pirates

Postby stevepar on Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:12 pm

I think people might want to look at st. louis...they've been playing very well...jumping over 2 teams is difficult...
how about josh bell as the new face of the franchise in 2 or 3 years...
User avatar
stevepar
Posting Ambassador
Posting Ambassador
 
Posts: 10933
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:23 pm
Online: 284d 1h 19m 2s
Gender: Male
Home State: Pennsylvania (pa)

Re: Thoughts on your 2017 Pittsburgh Pirates

Postby Felix Leiter on Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:58 am

Bell could be the face of the franchise next year if we don't pick up Cutch's option. The teams are so closely packed and we're actually ahead of the brewers now in the loss column 2 back of the cardinals and 4 back of the cubs that I don't see it as climbing over three teams as much as we're in a horse race coming down the stretch and our horse has to nose it's way up front. After this series except for the 4 games with the Dodgers the rest of the games are within the division. We win the lion's share of those games and we take the division. If we don't then we didn't deserve it. It's there for the taking.
"Just relax, I have a friend named Felix who can fix anything"--James Bond
User avatar
Felix Leiter
 
Posts: 2027
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 4:06 pm
Online: 57d 2h 31m 38s
Gender: Male
Home State: Pennsylvania (pa)
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Thoughts on your 2017 Pittsburgh Pirates

Postby Ausse Salt on Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:27 am

... ANYTHING could happen in SIX WEEKS, mates
- except for the Reds making their way to the top... :)

... a lonnnnnng way to go with the race...

But anybody who doesn't believe the Pirates
have a chance is a droob... as they sit THREE games back.

The Pirates are closer to their division lead then
the Yankees are to their-own.

... Once again - I remind you mates that back
in March/April it was believed that our side
would be chasing the POWERFUL Cubs and
the Cardinals in the division.
And probably finish third.

If baseball would have said in April that on 12 August
the Pirates would trail by onley THREE games
- we would take it in a heartbeat! :!: :!:

### Salty
User avatar
Ausse Salt
Posting Ambassador
Posting Ambassador
 
Posts: 12002
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:21 am
Online: 180d 11h 20m 49s
Gender: Male
Home State: West Virginia (wv)

Re: Thoughts on your 2017 Pittsburgh Pirates

Postby Steelers69 on Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:28 pm

Felix Leiter wrote:Bell could be the face of the franchise next year if we don't pick up Cutch's option. The teams are so closely packed and we're actually ahead of the brewers now in the loss column 2 back of the cardinals and 4 back of the cubs that I don't see it as climbing over three teams as much as we're in a horse race coming down the stretch and our horse has to nose it's way up front. After this series except for the 4 games with the Dodgers the rest of the games are within the division. We win the lion's share of those games and we take the division. If we don't then we didn't deserve it. It's there for the taking.

They still have 1 series against Washington late Sept, what is costing them the division is there play against the Reds and there 1-5 record against the Giants 2 of the worst teams in the NL this year own the Pirates. If they would have at least played .500 ball against the Reds and Giants they would be in 1st place
User avatar
Steelers69
$500+ per year
$500+ per year
 
Posts: 6183
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:41 pm
Online: 123d 11h 11m
Gender: Male
Home State: Pennsylvania (pa)
 
 
Reviews you have written

Re: Thoughts on your 2017 Pittsburgh Pirates

Postby stevepar on Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:45 pm

do they say lower it after a loss... :)
User avatar
stevepar
Posting Ambassador
Posting Ambassador
 
Posts: 10933
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:23 pm
Online: 284d 1h 19m 2s
Gender: Male
Home State: Pennsylvania (pa)

Re: Thoughts on your 2017 Pittsburgh Pirates

Postby Felix Leiter on Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:55 pm

Not a good trip north of the border. If we don't win the division it's going to be because of our terrible record against losing teams. Let's move on to Milwaukee and a reunion with the newest Brewer Neil walker and try to sweep the 2 games before coming home against the Cardinals and Dodgers.
"Just relax, I have a friend named Felix who can fix anything"--James Bond
User avatar
Felix Leiter
 
Posts: 2027
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 4:06 pm
Online: 57d 2h 31m 38s
Gender: Male
Home State: Pennsylvania (pa)
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Thoughts on your 2017 Pittsburgh Pirates

Postby stevepar on Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:13 pm

when they came out of the all star they were hot...imo that is when they should have tried to get some deals done to help shore up some weak spots...
they chose not to do that...after the trade deadline they added some help...it was too late...
teams cannot win without ownership that is not committed to winning...
or letting the baseball people do their job with a bigger budget...
they will probably hover around .500 for the next few seasons...
just enough to keep some fans coming back...attendance will decline and nutting will blame the players...the fans for not showing up...
whatever excuse he can invent...
User avatar
stevepar
Posting Ambassador
Posting Ambassador
 
Posts: 10933
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:23 pm
Online: 284d 1h 19m 2s
Gender: Male
Home State: Pennsylvania (pa)

Re: Thoughts on your 2017 Pittsburgh Pirates

Postby Josie Wales on Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:56 am

The Pirates simply not good enough this year to win the division. They need another starter, a 3rd baseman with power, and another OFer for depth. They aren't good enough to lose Kang, Marte for half the season and depth in the rotation.
User avatar
Josie Wales
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
 
Posts: 399
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:02 pm
Online: 11d 17h 48m 9s
Gender: Male
Home State: Pennsylvania (pa)
 
 
Reviews you have written

Re: Thoughts on your 2017 Pittsburgh Pirates

Postby billy guns on Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:55 am

Felix Leiter wrote:Not a good trip north of the border. If we don't win the division it's going to be because of our terrible record against losing teams. Let's move on to Milwaukee and a reunion with the newest Brewer Neil walker and try to sweep the 2 games before coming home against the Cardinals and Dodgers.


Sometimes it appears this team just doesn't show up and care about the game - to me yesterday was one of those - NO emotion and I think one hit after the first inning
Also - the two young arms Kuhl/Williams - may be hitting the wall --- two terrible outings
User avatar
billy guns
 
Posts: 3235
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:08 am
Online: 85d 10h 13m 23s
Gender: Male
Home State: Ohio (oh)
 
 
Reviews you have written

Re: Thoughts on your 2017 Pittsburgh Pirates

Postby Steelers69 on Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:10 pm

billy guns wrote:
Felix Leiter wrote:Not a good trip north of the border. If we don't win the division it's going to be because of our terrible record against losing teams. Let's move on to Milwaukee and a reunion with the newest Brewer Neil walker and try to sweep the 2 games before coming home against the Cardinals and Dodgers.


Sometimes it appears this team just doesn't show up and care about the game - to me yesterday was one of those - NO emotion and I think one hit after the first inning
Also - the two young arms Kuhl/Williams - may be hitting the wall --- two terrible outings

They ALWAYS lose to pitchers that get called up to the majors and make there 1st start, another loss Saturday night to a pitcher who made his MLB debut. Then you have Nova pitching tomorrow night and his last 4 starts has given up 7runs avg so that will be another loss and then they will be 3 games under. They got back to .500 and then lost 2 in a row.
User avatar
Steelers69
$500+ per year
$500+ per year
 
Posts: 6183
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:41 pm
Online: 123d 11h 11m
Gender: Male
Home State: Pennsylvania (pa)
 
 
Reviews you have written

Re: Thoughts on your 2017 Pittsburgh Pirates

Postby Ausse Salt on Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:36 pm

... You're NOT gonna win EVERY game, mates.

Maybe back in me-own playing days out on the pitch
we won most o' them - but you won't win 'em all.

The Cubs management has prolly been ready
to jump out a window since the first month
o' the season! ... Remember, our lads were
picked to be third - the fact that they are
onley 3 or 4 games back is a miracle!

... Let's just keep our focus on winning 'em
one at a time... October will be here soon-enough.

### Salty
User avatar
Ausse Salt
Posting Ambassador
Posting Ambassador
 
Posts: 12002
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:21 am
Online: 180d 11h 20m 49s
Gender: Male
Home State: West Virginia (wv)

Re: Thoughts on your 2017 Pittsburgh Pirates

Postby billy guns on Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:09 pm

Steelers69 wrote:
billy guns wrote:
Felix Leiter wrote:Not a good trip north of the border. If we don't win the division it's going to be because of our terrible record against losing teams. Let's move on to Milwaukee and a reunion with the newest Brewer Neil walker and try to sweep the 2 games before coming home against the Cardinals and Dodgers.


Sometimes it appears this team just doesn't show up and care about the game - to me yesterday was one of those - NO emotion and I think one hit after the first inning
Also - the two young arms Kuhl/Williams - may be hitting the wall --- two terrible outings

They ALWAYS lose to pitchers that get called up to the majors and make there 1st start, another loss Saturday night to a pitcher who made his MLB debut. Then you have Nova pitching tomorrow night and his last 4 starts has given up 7runs avg so that will be another loss and then they will be 3 games under. They got back to .500 and then lost 2 in a row.

I blame those first time losses purely on the players. They show absofuckinglutely no patience at the plate. In fact they seldom show patience esp with pitchers that are struggling
User avatar
billy guns
 
Posts: 3235
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:08 am
Online: 85d 10h 13m 23s
Gender: Male
Home State: Ohio (oh)
 
 
Reviews you have written

Re: Thoughts on your 2017 Pittsburgh Pirates

Postby Felix Leiter on Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:14 am

Very important stretch of games coming up. If the Pirates are serious about the pennant race I would like to see 7-3 with a sweep in Milwaukee 3 out of 4 against the Cardinals and a split against the best team in baseball the Dodgers. I know this will be very difficult but let's take it one day at a time and see what happens. Let's Go Bucs!!!
"Just relax, I have a friend named Felix who can fix anything"--James Bond
User avatar
Felix Leiter
 
Posts: 2027
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 4:06 pm
Online: 57d 2h 31m 38s
Gender: Male
Home State: Pennsylvania (pa)
Location: Pittsburgh

PreviousNext

Return to The Sports Bar

Who is online

Users browsing topics in this forum: No registered users

  • Login
    Username:

    Register
    Password:

    I forgot my password
    Resend activation e-mail
    Log me on automatically each visit
    Hide my online status this session

    In order to login you must be registered. Registering takes only a few moments but gives you increased capabilities. The board administrator may also grant additional permissions to registered users. Before you register please ensure you are familiar with our terms of use and related policies. Please ensure you read any forum rules as you navigate around the board.

    Terms of use | Privacy policy