Guest Announcements

Welcome to Indys.

Your premiere Intimacy Provider Advertising Website dedicated to your safety

We provide a unique social networking experience. Our goal is to make you feel welcome, safe, and successful as a member and supporter of our community.

Login or Register to gain access to advertisement directories, reviews, photo galleries, and other public and private discussion forums

Now covering Arizona, California, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, the Maryland / Washington DC corridor, Michigan, Nevada, New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Rhode Island, Texas, West Virginia

...and also these Indys Cities...
CO - Denver, GA - Atlanta, KS - Kansas City, LA - Baton Rouge, New Orleans and Shreveport, MA - Boston, MO - St. Louis, NC - Charlotte and Raleigh, NJ - Newark, NM - Albuquerque and Santa Fe, OK - Oklahoma City and Tulsa, OR - Portland, TN - Chattanooga, Knoxville, Nashville and Memphis, UT - Salt Lake City, WA - Seattle, WI - Milwaukee and Madison

Thoughts on your 2018 Pittsburgh Pirates

this is an area to discuss music, movies and sports topics.

Re: Thoughts on your 2018 Pittsburgh Pirates

Postby BamBam on Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:57 am

Agreed. Also this team seems to lack a clubhouse leader.
BamBam
Postaholic
Postaholic

Online: 55d 6h 53m 37s
Home State: USA (us)

Postby Felix Leiter on Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:14 pm

what the hell, raise it. It was just 1 win but what a win. Nice comeback game from Kingham and he also got his first hit and 2 RBI including the game winner. Vasquez was lights out again for the save he appears to be back at least for now. Vasquez was also named to the all star game as our lone representative. Ok no expectations the Nats tomorrow on ESPN followed by 5 with the brewers at the end of the week.
"Just relax, I have a friend named Felix who can fix anything"--James Bond
Felix Leiter

Online: 78d 1h 59m 18s
Home State: Pennsylvania (pa)

The following user would like to thank Felix Leiter for his post: Ausse Salt

Postby Steelers69 on Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:12 pm

Felix Leiter wrote:what the hell, raise it. It was just 1 win but what a win. Nice comeback game from Kingham and he also got his first hit and 2 RBI including the game winner. Vasquez was lights out again for the save he appears to be back at least for now. Vasquez was also named to the all star game as our lone representative. Ok no expectations the Nats tomorrow on ESPN followed by 5 with the brewers at the end of the week.

How the fuck do they select Vasquez? They better not let him pitch to one hitter because he will blow the game for the NL, How can the Reds have 3 players on the All Star Team? They need to do away with the rule of having one player from each team, no one from this shitty team deserved a spot, one thing that deserved a spot on the team was Nuttings Wallet and bank account :lol:
Steelers69
$500+ per year
$500+ per year

Online: 138d 11h 25m 8s

Reviews you have written

Postby BamBam on Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:17 pm

I agree with the abolishing the one guy from a team bullshit for the allstar game. You are either an allstar or you're not. Personally my choice would've been Dickerson or Cervelli.
BamBam
Postaholic
Postaholic

Online: 55d 6h 53m 37s
Home State: USA (us)

Postby billy guns on Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:22 am

It was a rare nice win yesterday -
Kingham had a nice game. He needs to stay in the rotation.
Yea I agree on the all-star selection. You either is or ain't an all-star. Maybe if nobody gets picked might put a little fire in this team
and bam - other than Freese - there is no clubhouse leader. He spoke out last february about what it takes to win etc.
They basically need to sweep the Nats and the brew crew to have any a small chance to make the playoffs.
billy guns

Online: 91d 13h 12m 11s
Home State: Ohio (oh)

Reviews you have written

Postby Ausse Salt on Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:19 am

... Lot o' time left, mates.

... Play-offs?? :shock: :lol:

... Let's take things a bite at a time.

Use the rest o' July to get back to .500.

THEN we'll see about moving forward
come August and Sept.

... How's THAT for a plan??

... Sad thing is - I already KNOW
what Ownership's plan is:

To sell-off as many contractsas they can.
Trade the "talent" and keep the "youth"... :(

Surely cheaper that-way.

### Salty
Ausse Salt
Posting Ambassador
Posting Ambassador

Online: 205d 10h 3m 38s
Home State: West Virginia (wv)

Postby Steelers69 on Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:37 pm

Great Read in the Boston Globe about Baseball has a serious problem

The Red Sox Sunday completed their three-game sweep of the Kansas City Royals. Aggregate score: Boston 32, Kansas City 13.
The Sox are now 62-29 — 33 games over .500. The Royals have lost nine straight and 27 of 31. KC is 39 games under .500.
The Sox come home Monday and get to play the last-place Rangers for the next three nights. Then we’ll get a weekend look at the moribund Blue Jays who are 20 games out of first place.
On and on it goes. Meaningless game after meaningless game as the Red Sox put up cartoonish numbers while we wait for the real games to start in October. So much winning.
Whoop dee do.

This isn’t exactly breaking news, but as great as the Sox weekend was, as scalding hot as the Sox are now, my takeaway is that Major League Baseball is in trouble.
And as much as I love the game, I can no longer defend all the things that are hurting the sport.
There are too many bad teams (the once-proud Orioles are 41 games under .500). There are too many non-competitive games. There are too many strikeouts. There are not enough balls in play. Baseball stars are increasingly anonymous.

Is it any surprise that MLB attendance is taking a hit? Twenty one of 30 teams are down from last year and baseball is on pace for its lowest total attendance since 2003.
Folks are staying away and who can blame them? The product is not keeping up with the times and it is not very good.
Here in baseball-savvy Boston, the Olde Towne Team is playing at a near-record pace, but it seems that local sports fans only want to talk about the Celtics and NBA free agency. Tom Brady and Julian Edelman. Try to find good baseball conversation. Spend an hour alternating between the Sports Hub and WEEI and take note of how little baseball conversation you hear. Unless there’s yet another caller bashing David Price, the Sox don’t generate much sports talk these days.
Baseball has become the sanctuary of senior citizens. Hardcore baseball fans are the same people who have land lines in their home and still read daily newspapers. Anybody seen my Sporting News?
Pace of play has made the game largely unwatchable on television. The estimable Tom Verducci recently put his stopwatch to work and calculated that the average time between balls in play is 3 minutes 45 seconds. This is unacceptable. It is killing the sport. There is simply not enough action.

Strikeout inflation is a big part of the problem. I have grown to hate strikeouts. A strikeout used to be a measure of a pitcher’s dominance. Not anymore. Everybody strikes out. All the time. A 10-strikeout effort by a starting pitcher is no longer a big deal. For the first time in history, baseball features more strikeouts than hits. This will be the 11th consecutive season in which MLB sets a record for strikeouts.
Whoop dee bloody do.
One of the problems is that players don’t think there is a problem. The hitters have no regrets about their whopping strikeout totals. They don’t change their approach with two strikes. They just keep on hacking . . . and missing. It’s all about launch angle and exit velocity.
USA Today recently polled 63 big leaguers and the results demonstrated a stunning lack of awareness. Players, evidently, do not believe that today’s strikeout glut or the snail-like pace of play present any problem. More than half of the players polled said they are unconcerned about a game that now primarily features walks, strikeouts, and homers. Ninety three percent of those who responded believe that lack of action is OK. Asked if pace-of-play changes are working, one player remarked, “assumes there was a problem in the first place.’’
There are simply not enough competitive games, especially in the 2018 American League. The Orioles are on a pace to lose 118 games. The Royals, 116. The White Sox, 108.
Analytics are out of control. Even commissioner Rob Manfred agrees. Manfred recently told The Athletic, “There is a growing recognition that analytics have produced certain trends in the game that we may need to be more proactive about reversing. There are owners that feel that way. There are fans that feel that way.’’
Meanwhile, as the game is taken over by geeks, the players become more faceless. Mike Trout? Great player. Why isn’t he as popular and well known as Kevin Durant or Steph Curry?
The 2018 Red Sox are winning almost 70 percent of their games, but are studiously bland. Boston’s clubhouse is populated by polite young men who are careful with their words, rarely interesting and never provocative. It’s as if they are trained to drain the color from their commentary. J.D. Martinez is having a triple-crown worthy season, but would likely not be recognized if he strolled around the Seaport at lunchtime. (Is that Mitch Moreland, Brandon Workman, Matt Barnes, or J.D. Martinez?) No controversy, No color.
There’s not a Wade Boggs or Oil Can Boyd in the bunch.
There is no all-world point guard insisting that the earth is flat.
We trust and verify that the earth is round . . .
. . . But in the summer of 2018, baseball is flat.
Steelers69
$500+ per year
$500+ per year

Reviews you have written

Postby billy guns on Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:57 pm

Steelers69 wrote:Great Read in the Boston Globe about Baseball has a serious problem

The Red Sox Sunday completed their three-game sweep of the Kansas City Royals. Aggregate score: Boston 32, Kansas City 13.
The Sox are now 62-29 — 33 games over .500. The Royals have lost nine straight and 27 of 31. KC is 39 games under .500.
The Sox come home Monday and get to play the last-place Rangers for the next three nights. Then we’ll get a weekend look at the moribund Blue Jays who are 20 games out of first place.
On and on it goes. Meaningless game after meaningless game as the Red Sox put up cartoonish numbers while we wait for the real games to start in October. So much winning.
Whoop dee do.

This isn’t exactly breaking news, but as great as the Sox weekend was, as scalding hot as the Sox are now, my takeaway is that Major League Baseball is in trouble.
And as much as I love the game, I can no longer defend all the things that are hurting the sport.
There are too many bad teams (the once-proud Orioles are 41 games under .500). There are too many non-competitive games. There are too many strikeouts. There are not enough balls in play. Baseball stars are increasingly anonymous.

Is it any surprise that MLB attendance is taking a hit? Twenty one of 30 teams are down from last year and baseball is on pace for its lowest total attendance since 2003.
Folks are staying away and who can blame them? The product is not keeping up with the times and it is not very good.
Here in baseball-savvy Boston, the Olde Towne Team is playing at a near-record pace, but it seems that local sports fans only want to talk about the Celtics and NBA free agency. Tom Brady and Julian Edelman. Try to find good baseball conversation. Spend an hour alternating between the Sports Hub and WEEI and take note of how little baseball conversation you hear. Unless there’s yet another caller bashing David Price, the Sox don’t generate much sports talk these days.
Baseball has become the sanctuary of senior citizens. Hardcore baseball fans are the same people who have land lines in their home and still read daily newspapers. Anybody seen my Sporting News?
Pace of play has made the game largely unwatchable on television. The estimable Tom Verducci recently put his stopwatch to work and calculated that the average time between balls in play is 3 minutes 45 seconds. This is unacceptable. It is killing the sport. There is simply not enough action.

Strikeout inflation is a big part of the problem. I have grown to hate strikeouts. A strikeout used to be a measure of a pitcher’s dominance. Not anymore. Everybody strikes out. All the time. A 10-strikeout effort by a starting pitcher is no longer a big deal. For the first time in history, baseball features more strikeouts than hits. This will be the 11th consecutive season in which MLB sets a record for strikeouts.
Whoop dee bloody do.
One of the problems is that players don’t think there is a problem. The hitters have no regrets about their whopping strikeout totals. They don’t change their approach with two strikes. They just keep on hacking . . . and missing. It’s all about launch angle and exit velocity.
USA Today recently polled 63 big leaguers and the results demonstrated a stunning lack of awareness. Players, evidently, do not believe that today’s strikeout glut or the snail-like pace of play present any problem. More than half of the players polled said they are unconcerned about a game that now primarily features walks, strikeouts, and homers. Ninety three percent of those who responded believe that lack of action is OK. Asked if pace-of-play changes are working, one player remarked, “assumes there was a problem in the first place.’’
There are simply not enough competitive games, especially in the 2018 American League. The Orioles are on a pace to lose 118 games. The Royals, 116. The White Sox, 108.
Analytics are out of control. Even commissioner Rob Manfred agrees. Manfred recently told The Athletic, “There is a growing recognition that analytics have produced certain trends in the game that we may need to be more proactive about reversing. There are owners that feel that way. There are fans that feel that way.’’
Meanwhile, as the game is taken over by geeks, the players become more faceless. Mike Trout? Great player. Why isn’t he as popular and well known as Kevin Durant or Steph Curry?
The 2018 Red Sox are winning almost 70 percent of their games, but are studiously bland. Boston’s clubhouse is populated by polite young men who are careful with their words, rarely interesting and never provocative. It’s as if they are trained to drain the color from their commentary. J.D. Martinez is having a triple-crown worthy season, but would likely not be recognized if he strolled around the Seaport at lunchtime. (Is that Mitch Moreland, Brandon Workman, Matt Barnes, or J.D. Martinez?) No controversy, No color.
There’s not a Wade Boggs or Oil Can Boyd in the bunch.
There is no all-world point guard insisting that the earth is flat.
We trust and verify that the earth is round . . .
. . . But in the summer of 2018, baseball is flat.

All are guilty - ownership management players and the league - - -strikeouts got out of hand with the juiced ball and PEDs. as they say 'chics love the long ball' - It was sexy to hit homeruns - as a result an entire generation of players that weren't true HR attempted hitters to do so and consequently IMHO the strikeout rate continued to rise - and players entering their Free agent years - swung for the fences figuring it would add to their opportunity to make a lot more money - and it did. There was no excitement over the .275-310 hitters that need to get on base ahead of the HR hitters. Now we are in an era - where there is less PEDs, no juiced ball - - so less HRs - but you still have that generation or so of players that grew up - swinging for the fences.
Metrics - has gotten out of hand including the shifts - but Management and players can and should adjust and start hitting the ball or bunting down third for example - and do it all the time - not just when nobody is on base - you start beating the shift there won't be a shift.
Agree on pace of play - I mean after EVERY pitch a batter has to step out of the box and re-adjust his batting gloves every time. I mean WTMF - just stay in the box and get ready.
lack of a salary cap and revenue sharing truly effect the lack of competition throughout the league.
billy guns

Reviews you have written

Postby Felix Leiter on Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:57 pm

Raise it! Nice win today to take the series from the Nats. Vasquez got his 20th save he appears to be all the way back and deserves to be an All star. Oh by the way my vote is to keep at least one player from each team. I won't bother to watch the game if it's just 7 Yankees, 8 Dodgers, etc. I want to see the Pirate, the Padre and the others. Besides with interleague play the game has lost it's lustre. It used to be special to see players in the other league not any more.

O.k. so 5 games against first place Milwaukee before the break. Conventional wisdom says we gotta win at least 4 to have even the smallest of chances in the second half. I doubt if it will happen but take them one game at a time starting with tomorrow night. Let's Go Bucs!
Felix Leiter

Postby Ausse Salt on Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:58 am

... I also agree that each team should have
one player "represent" them.

... And I'd surely be happy with winning
3 of 5 this week-end.

... Take the rest of July to reach .500.
See IF we can get-to 7 games back.

### Salty
Ausse Salt
Posting Ambassador
Posting Ambassador

Postby Felix Leiter on Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:53 am

It sounds like a plan Salty I'd be happy with those numbers by the end of July.
Felix Leiter

Postby Steelers69 on Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:32 am

Felix Leiter wrote:It sounds like a plan Salty I'd be happy with those numbers by the end of July.

By the end of July you won't recognize this team :lol: The pay roll will be below 50 million and key players will be traded
Steelers69
$500+ per year
$500+ per year

Reviews you have written

Postby billy guns on Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:03 am

Steelers69 wrote:
Felix Leiter wrote:It sounds like a plan Salty I'd be happy with those numbers by the end of July.

By the end of July you won't recognize this team :lol: The pay roll will be below 50 million and key players will be traded

-- Thu 12 Jul, 2018 9:09 am --

Steelers69 wrote:

By the end of July you won't recognize this team :lol: The pay roll will be below 50 million and key players will be traded[/quote

Nice win - now need to roll over those Brewers
I think will be interesting - to unload guys - you need a buyer - not sure who would take Harrison, Mercer, freese, cervelli -
Nova maybe
I stumbled upon this - this is a real time current salary situation for each MLB team - I noticed ESPN used these exact numbers for a couple teams in their discussions.
It shows Pirates at 101 million --- I figure retained is deferred - but not sure and have no idea what the 'blind' numbers are
https://www.spotrac.com/mlb/payroll/
billy guns

Reviews you have written

Postby Felix Leiter on Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:21 pm

Raise it! O.k. we're halfway there winning the first two games against Milwaukee. Two of the next three are doable. I can't believe it a real doubleheader tomorrow. If my good friend was still alive and it wasn't going to be around 90 degrees I'd go. Get a good night's sleep boys 12:30 comes early. Let's Go Bucs!
Felix Leiter

Postby Ausse Salt on Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:32 am

... Looks like our lads are starting to tighten up.
Hitting the ball pretty good and pitching a bit better.

Two of the next three would be nice - and 'ave
us on a roll as we head into the break.

### Salty
Ausse Salt
Posting Ambassador
Posting Ambassador

Postby Felix Leiter on Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:42 pm

So far so good in game one 2-0 Pirates after 3. They mentioned on the telecast the last time the Pirates had a scheduled doubleheader not because of a cancellation was July 27th 1997 against the Giants 21 years ago. MLB should have never ended them.
Felix Leiter

Postby Steelers69 on Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:25 pm

Felix Leiter wrote:So far so good in game one 2-0 Pirates after 3. They mentioned on the telecast the last time the Pirates had a scheduled doubleheader not because of a cancellation was July 27th 1997 against the Giants 21 years ago. MLB should have never ended them.

They should schedule as many as 10 games a year and that would shorten the season by a week and half and players would have more time off but that will NEVER happen because that is taking away money from owners.

On a side note I just heard that starting next year Philly starts there 1st year of 20 year TV contract with Comcast at 200 Billion dollars :shock: That means they will have a lot of money to spend, the 1st 100 million will be paid by the TV deal, so look for them to have a payroll in the upwards of 200 million

What team signs Harper next season? And what will his deal be 350 million or more?
Steelers69
$500+ per year
$500+ per year

Reviews you have written

Postby billy guns on Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:43 pm

Steelers69 wrote:
Felix Leiter wrote:So far so good in game one 2-0 Pirates after 3. They mentioned on the telecast the last time the Pirates had a scheduled doubleheader not because of a cancellation was July 27th 1997 against the Giants 21 years ago. MLB should have never ended them.

They should schedule as many as 10 games a year and that would shorten the season by a week and half and players would have more time off but that will NEVER happen because that is taking away money from owners.

On a side note I just heard that starting next year Philly starts there 1st year of 20 year TV contract with Comcast at 200 Billion dollars :shock: That means they will have a lot of money to spend, the 1st 100 million will be paid by the TV deal, so look for them to have a payroll in the upwards of 200 million

What team signs Harper next season? And what will his deal be 350 million or more?

Harper was batting .218 last time I looked
But raise it baby another win
billy guns

Reviews you have written

The following user would like to thank billy guns for his post: Josie Wales

Postby Felix Leiter on Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:38 pm

Raise it 2 times!!! Great sweep of the doubleheader Vasquez getting the save in both games. Marte and Polanco are both red hot. No matter what happens tomorrow it's a great way to end the first half. Huntington said these games would determine the trade strategy at the deadline that we'd have to do better than 4-4. Well at worst we'll do 6-2 if not 7-1. We'll see what happens but at least for tonight all is right with the world. Let's Go Bucs!!!

-- Sun 15 Jul, 2018 5:28 pm --

O.k. I really meant to say 4 days ago that the Pirates would sweep the brewers in 5 games really I did. Oh just raise it!!! What a way to get to the break 6 in a row and 7 of the last 8. Now I have no delusions we're still 9 out of first and six from the wild card but we ain't dead yet. 4 days off let's hope we don't lose momentum going into the second half in Cincinnati on Friday. I don't see a fire sale at this time let's see what the team looks like on August 1st. Let's Go Bucs!!!
Felix Leiter

Postby billy guns on Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:19 am

Great sweep against the Brewers -- nice way to finish up before the break - -
Marte and Polanco are really swinging hot bats at the moment and getting some decent pitching esp the back end of the bull pen
lets hope they start out strong after the break. Would be nice just to hang around the wild card
billy guns

Reviews you have written

Postby Steelers69 on Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:31 pm

Well trade deadline is in a few days and the Pirates have ONE huge piece that all teams need and I think he could bring a lot back if they decide to trade him and all the teams would love to have him because he is under contract for a few years after being signed before training camp and is a left hander closer and that would be Vasquez
Steelers69
$500+ per year
$500+ per year

Reviews you have written

Postby billy guns on Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:24 am

Steelers69 wrote:Well trade deadline is in a few days and the Pirates have ONE huge piece that all teams need and I think he could bring a lot back if they decide to trade him and all the teams would love to have him because he is under contract for a few years after being signed before training camp and is a left hander closer and that would be Vasquez

Yea Cleveland sent their top prospect to the Padres for reliever Hand
billy guns

Reviews you have written

Postby Ausse Salt on Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:51 am

... The Indians know that this is their last chance
at the Championship for awhile.

... 'Cause in the off-season they plan to
"trade away" Chief Wahoo - which will
turn-away many fans and also cause
them to drop in the standings. :(

... Reckon the management and ownerships
will have to learn this lesson the hard way.

They should ring-up Nutting and the
managers here - they surely already know
how to DESTROY the fan base. :?

just sayin'

### Salty
Ausse Salt
Posting Ambassador
Posting Ambassador

Postby billy guns on Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:27 am

Great win tonight
Pitching and hitting
billy guns

Reviews you have written

Postby Felix Leiter on Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:04 am

Raise it! What a great way to get back to .500 grand slam by Marte 3 run homer by Rodriguez and excellent pitching by Taillon. 9-1 in the last 10 games. It might be too late to catch the Cubs who are also hot but the wild card is still in play and you gotta admit they're fun to watch right now. Let's Go Bucs!
Felix Leiter

PreviousNext

Return to The Sports Bar